Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Gossip


Before gossip, I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Norway. I spent a very happy time working in Oslo when I was in my early 20s and it made me sick to my stomach to following the events yesterday. Violence belongs on cinema screens, not in the real world. And for a people like the Norwegians who have worked so hard to become the sincere and open society that they are today... well, I wish the full wrath of an angry Rajinikanth on the man who did this to Norway.

Anyways, today in gossip - Dharmendra becomes the Darling D; Deepika speaks out; the khiladi clashes with the... singham; Sonal Chauhan is rather refreshing; a NEW promo for Bodyguard; and MORE!

*
Singham screenings have resumed in Karnataka - activists had halted them under suspicion that there were objectionable and anti-Kannada dialogues.

* Dharmendra says he can't be the Big D but he can be the
Darling D!

* Find out about Bollywood
plastic surgery.

"There is an overriding desperation to remain in the reckoning. Bollywood is obsessed with youth unlike Hollywood, and we have terrible notions about how young and nubile a heroine must look and how strong and handsome a hero must look. I wonder in the present scenario, what slot talent tornadoes Meena Kumari and Sanjeev Kumar would find?" wonders Rauf Ahmed, a senior film journalist.

* Did Deepika Padukone make some
pointed remarks at Katrina Kaif's expense?

Deepika was asked about her opinion on reservations, the subject on which the film is based. She declined to comment saying it`s a political issue. She also said she would never make casual remarks on political matters. It may be noted, that Kat recently called Rahul `half Indian`, which created an uproar in the Congress following which Katrina had to apologize.

Deepika makes casual remarks about
other topics.

The current mood in the industry reflects that you are the next big thing. Where do you see yourself in the rat race?

It's just been three years and I have been fortunate to work with some of the best in the industry. But, I have a long way to go now. I have become a lot more confident of myself and my craft. I'd rather have a slow and steady climb, than be a flash in the pan. I'm not looking at retiring or getting married in a few years. And what rat race? I'm here for the long run.


Um... did Deepika's publicist write these questions? Since when is she the next big thing? Is it 2007 again? According to the mood of the industry that I've been tracking, the next big thing would be either Sonakshi or Anushka right now.

* Rishi Kapoor is as
busy as a hero.

*
Bbuddah's Sonal Chauhan is refreshingly frank.

What did winning a beauty pageant mean to you?


I was a quiet child and not too popular. I did not even know I was pretty. The realisation came in only when I moved out of school and men started noticing me. But men are men — they would like anything as long as it’s a woman. So I didn’t take all that attention seriously. But when I finally won the beauty queen title, it was an ego boost.


* Ajay Devgn may have announced his new film but did Akshay already register the title
Son of Sardar?

* Hands up who would watch a
Karan Johar-made raunchy comedy?

I think I would just out of morbid curiosity...



Bodyguard song promo!!!



First look of Punjabi film
Yaara O Dildara - which looks gorgeous!

2 comments:

redeem147 said...

I think from reading that I love Karan and his films a lot more than you do, but I don't want to watch anybody's raunchy comedies. I don't think they're, as a rule, funny.

maxqnz said...

Poor Kat - talk about "An Inconvenient Truth" - Congress obviously REALLY doesn't like being reminded their Crown Prince is indeed, "half-Indian".

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl