I'm ba~aaaaack! I hope everybody had a lovely week and weekend. I'm finally home after all my traveling and visiting and hopefully it won't take me too long to get back into the swing of things.
Shall we just dive right in?
Today in gossip - casting news for a bunch of films, Arshad Warsi heads off to shoot his new film, the trailer for John Abraham's Force, AND MORE!
* My main man Arshad Warsi is heading off to shoot Zila Ghaziabad (check out his look!) and guess who is joining the cast of that film... Deepak Dobriyal!
* The Ra.1 video game is releasing in September.
* I have been seeing these kinds of stories about Ranveer Singh the last week or so. Some "source" has been complaining about his attention-seeking behavior at IIFA - it doesn't seem all that bad to me personally. I'm more interested in who has been planting these stories? Some jealous girl? Some jealous boy? An outraged parent trying to boost the image of his or her own child?
* Madhur Bhandarkar is now saying that Aishwarya's pregnancy was hidden from him - which seems odd because didn't he initially say they all knew like a month before the press, which is why the "weight gain" was written into the script?
* Ayesha Takia has really returned to film! She's going to start shooting something with Akshaye Khanna.
* Rajkumar Hirani has finished the third Munnabhai script!
* Bebo turns down a chance to groove for Agneepath.
* Priyanka Chopra is doing a cameo in Ra.1, as will Sanjay Dutt. SRK is leaving no stone unturned.
* The Big B is back in RGV's Department.
* Abhinav Kashyap is heading South to work with Vijay on a film.
* Is Ajay Devgn's next move another South remake?
* Kunal Khemu is finally getting work. That guy is an AMAZING Hero and I will 100% fully support any film he is in.
* Sunny Deol, the original South remake boy, is back with Ghayal Returns.
Says Ashwini Chaudhary, the man entrusted to direct Ghayal Returns, "Except for Dabangg which was as 'desi' as it gets, most of the action flicks these days are South remakes. I am not saying they are bad; in fact the promo of Singham looks fantastic to me. It's just that sensibility of Ghayal Returns would be different from the rest. Sunny wants drama and action to go together while staying away from gimmickry."
I can't help but imagine that Sunny Deol's tastes are still pretty gimmicky, even if he tries to tone it down some.
* I suspected we'd be seeing an article like this one after Shirish Kunder tweeted that he was off partying in Jerusalem last night. Apparently, there is a move on to strengthen Indian-Israeli ties... instead of just importing hippies from Israel, India is going to go off and film in the Holy Land.
This really just seems like a terrible idea - does India really want to kiss up to Israel in the face of Palestinian suffering? Not that the Muslim community is a monolithic entity but is EVERYBODY going to ignore Israel's crimes? I'm not too sure that Muslim actors and technicians in Bollywood would be too comfortable shooting in Israel...
Okay, check out the trailer for John Abraham's new film Force!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl