Friday, July 15, 2011

Costume Appreciation Day: Kareena Kapoor in Golmaal 3

One of my (many) favorite parts of Golmaal 3 was Kareena Kapoor's tapori character.

Her name - Daboo.

Her favorite style choice - the simple T-shirt.



She's a...
heartbreaker... dream maker... soul shaker... in her sassy Pat Benatar tank and she'll punch you if you don't check the rest of these out!




BOYS had better watch out!!!



Anyone for a Heinie?







"Kitne aadmi thi.."



Some days you just need to wear a billion hearts on your sleeve...



Facebook? Let's
Google+ Tweet!





Couldn't get a good picture of this one - think it says BRAT... which means she must have borrowed it from Poo.



I looo~ooove this style. The necklace on the tee shirt is soooo cute!



CHAL DHANNO! Daboo ki izzat ka sawal hai!



Anyone guess what this says? Best I could figure was "I'm outre..." which is appropriate enough, I suppose.



Or this one?



Daboo likes cake and New York City... a girl after my own heart!



You'd better mind it, rascala!



I'm guessing this one says, "I need a man not a BOY!"



Rose print and a deep v-neck!



And the final send-off with a vintage lady in goggles... that may or may not be somebody I'm supposed to know! WITH BONUS KUNAL KHEMU IN A FREAKING NWA T-SHIRT!

The costume designer for
Golmaal 3 film was just so baller.

5 comments:

Rahul said...

tht second tee says jahanpanah tussi great ho (from 3idiots)

The Bolly Hood said...

Great little feature. I've never seen Kareena looking better!

Rahul have you checked out my blog? Where I make fun of Bollywood and pay attention to those Zero Screentime Walas!

http://bollyhooha.blogspot.com

Bombay Talkies said...

BollyHood, no offense but that's a surefire way to make people avoid reading your blog. And it's annoying seeing you advertise yourself on other peoples' sites.

kunalmistry said...

Filmi Girl: Just a little tidbit:
The vintage lady in goggles that may or may not be somebody you're supposed to know is Ratna Pathak Shah, a great theatre actor, real-life wife of Naseeruddin Shah and daughter of Deena Pathak (who played a role in Golmaal, 1979).

Filmi Girl said...

@Rahul Thanks! Good catch. :)

@Bolly Hood Please stop pimping your blog. It's annoying.

@Bombay Talkies Yes.

@KunalMistry That's so cool!! Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Ratna Pathak was in Golmaal 3 and then she's a tee shirt, too!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl