Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday Gossip!

Announcement! I'll be in New York City this weekend and will be having a meet-up to see Bbuddah, so if you want to join in the fun, drop me a line!

Now, today in gossip - Real gangsters in Telugu cinema, Delhi Belly sanitizes the language in Hindi, Katrina is harassed about her relationships, making of Singham title track, UDAY CHOPRA QUITS ACTING, and MORE!



* Read about gangsters and
Telugu cinema!

* Dara Singh's grandson was arrested for
sexual assault - Vinod Khanna's youngest son was held for drug charges.

* What are the
10 Worst Films of Amitabh Bachchan?

* Mahesh Bhatt exposes
Aamir Khan's marketing ploy.

"We tried this in Sadak. I remember I advertised it, as 'A film that censor did not want to see- Sadak. You create this forbidden fruit syndrome and you tempt people more," said the 61-year-old, who worked with Aamir in Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin (1991) and Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke (1993).

* But Aamir makes the Hindi version of
Delhi Belly less offensive than the English.

"What you're referring to as an English version of Delhi Belly is actually a 'Hinglish' version. Seventy percent of it is in English and 30 percent is in Hindi. But the Hindi version is 100 percent in Hindi. And yes the Hindi version is far less colourful in language." Perhaps Ranbir Kapoor can now watch the Hindi version of Delhi Belly with his parents. Earlier when he was asked, why he opted not to do the film, he said: "I couldn't see myself watching the film with my parents at the premiere."

* Vir Das will be seen in a "serious film" opposite
Raima Sen... so you know it's really artsy!

* Catch up with
Kangana Ranaut!

Asked whether she was more comfortable with solo roles or being part of an ensemble cast, she said: "I like doing films with strong scripts that I think audiences will like, a set up that will deliver the script's promise. It doesn't matter if it's a solo lead or a two-heroine film. Although it depends on the director and how he positions and portrays you in a film, getting noticed in a big cast is possible. People really noticed my performance in Fashion even though I was not the lead," she added.

* She picked a strong script in
Double Dhamaal, which did astonishingly well in North America.

* I didn't know Charmee is in
Bbuddah! Yay!

In the film, Charmee plays the role of a happy-go-lucky college girl who is Amitabh's friend. "I had to refer to Amitji as Viju (his character) and call him by his name. We had to have this chilled-out chemistry that friends share. He put me feel completely at ease," she says.

* Katrina Kaif had a run in with
the Federation of Western India Cine Employees.

And she talks
Zindagi Na Milega Dobara!

What were the most memorable moments when you let go while portraying Laila?

Both, dirt biking and deep sea diving were more traumatic than I had initially anticipated. I had the basic understanding of smaller bikes, but I had to practice with a bigger and heavier one for the movie. I refused to understand that you've to let the bike fall, as I was being stubborn and trying to prevent it from going down. So I got hurt once or twice.


And another where she is badgered about her
love life!

Can you predict a fickle relationship? Your second relationship, for example...

I have never said that I had a second relationship. But let me say that sooner or later, you do tend to realise who will stand by you and who won’t. As a person, hopefully, now I am stronger. What you term as a mistake, I would term as experience. At that time you always feel that it was the right thing to do.


* Uday Chopra admits defeat and is retiring after
Dhoom 3.

* New Zealand tries to snag
Indian tourist dollars.

* Producers are now going to use
pregnancy clauses.

And check out the making of the
SINGHAM title track!

7 comments:

Sal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sal said...

Did you see all of Uday's sad, attention-seeking tweets about drinking alone and taking his shirt off to impress a creeped-out lady? To think I used to like the guy when I was a kid!

maxqnz said...

Le sigh! Bbuddah is one I'd really like to see - oh to live somewhere that showed Hindi films, ever.

On the upside, maybe the Kiwi-Indian film deal will mean more chances to see them. I notice that article linked to appeared to use a still from the execrable B&P, probably because the male lead was a Kiwi - sorry about that, world!

maxqnz said...

On Katrina and Kangana - my only beef with those two ladies are their ridicaulous lips - why do some actresses continue to think that turning lips into sausage balloons is sexy?

eliza bennet said...

Good news re:Uday, I hope he'll be better and happier doing something else than acting.

I too want to see Bbuddah! I have never seen AB give a bad performance even when the film is not a good one.

Nerdypanda said...

LOL @ maxqnz. I am tired of press badgering katrina about her love life. Although, I must say she's handling it gracefully. If it was me, let's say just say I wouldn't be called nice.

The Mighty Mango said...

Hah, this will be the one weekend of the summer that I'm NOT in NYC to see a Hindi film! (I am seeing Delhi Belly at home in Florida this weekend, though.)

Also I find it interesting (though probably not surprising) that Delhi Belly's Hindi version is less offensive. Maybe I should be seeing the Hindi version...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl