Greetings, lovely people!
For those Imran Khan fans, check out an exclusive podcast from my friends over at Upodcast, where Imran talks all things Delhi Belly... including what gives him Delhi Belly. It's a funny interview so go listen!
Now, today in gossip - IIFA feeding frenzy in the press; RAVEENA TANDON'S ITEM SONG; updates on Vivek Oberoi and Imran Khan; and all sorts of other odds and ends!
The Vancouver Sun gives Top 6 Films
The Toronto Sun has a video blog from Little India.
Toronto Life runs down who will be there.
The Huffington Post jumps on the bandwagon with an IIFA 101.
* Shahrukh Khan is confirmed for IIFA - and reportedly living on painkillers to make it through.
* Isabella Kaif won't be launched anytime soon - possibly because of her lack of Hindi.
Giselle Monteiro seems to have hit that roadblock, too. She got very lukewarm reviews for Always Kabhi Kabhi.
* Imran Khan talks Delhi Belly.
More than targeting a certain group of people, we are protecting a certain group of people. Aamir as a producer has been very responsible and very particular. His aim is that people should not be deceived or cheated. There is a tendency very often when people promote a film; they will not be honest about it. There have been instances in the past of films being promoted as comedies when they are not actually comedies, etc. Aamir is terrified of that happening. Delhi Belly has passed through an Adults certification. He believes that it is an Adults film and has to be promoted like that.
* The trailer for RGV's Not a Love Story will release with Delhi Belly.
* VIVEK OBEROI! He talks about his career.
After his long hiatus from the industry, Vivek decided to mark his return in Rakesh Roshan's Krissh 3. With regard to his decision to get on-board, Vivek said, "I got a call from Guddu uncle (Mr.Rakesh Roshan). To my absolute honour, he told me that ever since he wrote the script, he wanted me to play the character. He told me to read the script. He said it was one of the most phenomenal characters that he had ever created. I then read the script and I felt it was outstanding. Now, the hope is that I play this baddie so good that it becomes the Gabbar of my career. I am currently undergoing physical training. Since the Krrish series is action- packed, we will undergo training overseas."
He's also signed on to do a love story.
* One of my favorite character actors... Ravi Kishan.
Ravi spills more details on Agent Vinod. "Saif and I go back a long way. We did Keemat. And after 14 to 15 years, Saif called me up to offer this role in his home production. It was so nice of him and Sriram Raghavan to consider me for the part," the actor says.
Ask him if ever Kareena was a topic of discussion between the two of them and Ravi quickly adds, "Saif looked so happy in love, he looked like a happy husband. It would've been very silly on my part to ask him about Kareena."
Why must journalists always ask these stupid questions?! Do you really think Ravi is going to start gossiping with you about Saif and Bebo?
* Isha Sharvani (Luck By Chance) is playing secondary heroine to Sonakshi Sinha in Kamal Hasaan's Vishwaroopam.
* Bangalore boy Gulshan Devaiah goes to Bollywood - makes waves in Shaitan.
* Ashutosh Gowarikar, Shahrukh Khan, and Aishwarya Rai?
* Wait a minute!! Nobody told me I would have to suffer through an Abhishek rap to see the Big B kick some butt in Bbuddah!
* The Baby B has also signed on to director Puri Jagannadh's next film Gentleman - an AB Corp production.
Check out Raveena Tandon's promo for Bbuddah!!
The lovely lady has also signed a film opposite Sanjay Dutt - it looks like 40 is the new 30 for actresses!