Today in gossip - critics are STILL bashing Ready, interesting news on Ishqiya 2, Rajkumar Santoshi's next with Abhishek look promising, and MORE!
* What do all those foreign locales mean?
For instance, the bubble like world of New York Punjabis in Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna could easily have been transported to London or Melbourne with no impact on the narrative. In this film and many like it there is virtually no meaningful reference to living in the U.S. or interaction with American born characters.
* Critic Shubhra Gupta writes a confused piece about how she hated Ready and is insulted by but understands fart humor.
This is filmmaking of a kind which has always existed, everywhere, and it usually gets in the money. By the bushels. Because when a chimpanzee farts, lifting its end high in the air, with cacophonous results, what can you do other than laugh, helplessly? The laughter is contagious, resulting in more and more people streaming in to theatres to subject themselves to a sound considered impolite in company.
Seriously, I have no idea what we were supposed to take away from this other than 'people who liked Ready were idiots,' a statement I obviously disagree with.
* Amitabh Bachchan is young at heart and pro-daughter!
* Katrina Kaif answers questions she's probably been asked a thousand times.
Do you think you are a misunderstood celebrity? (Rumour has it that she is not Miss Popular among her Bollywood peers.)
Apart from one or two incidents, I don't generally see anything of that sort. Yes, I read everything that's written about me. [Shrugs.]
* And this hearsay post made me give an evil little chuckle...
Another young man who actually doesn’t quite deserve my sympathy is Abhay Deol. Considering himself a cut above the rest and preening as God’s gift to acting, while still reveling in the rush of a moth-eaten success like Dev D, Abhay has been heard whining and seen sulking about not being considered good enough to be a hero.
* Pooja Bhatt missed a court date for a nuisance case filed way back in 2005 and now there is a warrant out for her.
* If Rajkumar Santoshi's new film with Abhishek Bachchan is a wacky comedy - which it seems to be - Junior B might actually win me back to the theater. As long as he's neither "cool" nor trying to "act," I have no problems with the Baby B.
Lastly, some interesting news from Arshad Warsi!