Today in gossip, the Canadian media goes Bolly-crazy, Shahrukh Khan wants more Ra.1 coverage, Saifu is waxed on the cover of Man's World and MORE!* The CBC is going IIFA-crazy! Check out their list of 10 Essential Bollywood Films. It's actually a pretty good list, even if I wouldn't recommend that a complete newbie sit down and watch Hum Aapke Hain... Kaun!
They are looking for interested Toronto-ites to blog about the experience, click here for details.
* Toronto is also suffering from a rash of Bollywood flash mobs.
* Interesting article on outsiders who make it in Bollywood, focusing on Shor directors Raj & DK and writer Kanika Dhillon.
* It looks like the rumors yesterday were just rumors. Aishwarya and Abhi will not be attending the IIFAs.
* Shahrukh Khan is miffed that he's being asked about current events instead of Ra.1 on his press tour.
According to the grapevine, Shah Rukh Khan is feeling hemmed-in at present — stars only ever make themselves readily available around the time they promote movies, and unfortunately this time round, national issues are taking centre stage. So instead of superheroes, Shah Rukh Khan on his movie’s promotional tour, is being asked about the Morani connection, about Ramdev, about scams… everything it would seem, but the film on hand!
* Actresses get into business mode. Apparently, Madhuri Dixit has bought a mall in Florida... for some reason.
* And then there is Ameesha Patel, clinging onto starlet status by the skin of her teeth.
Finally, check out