First of all, I want to wish a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my grandfather, who has been one of the biggest influences in my life! And today he's just as whip-smart and cynical as he ever was... my auntie Gretchen posted a nice tribute to him. Click it and see the man in his natural habitat!
Today in gossip - new song promo for Anurag Kashyap's Shaitan (which is AWESOME!), read about the trial of David Headley, Bips is detained at the airport, Ileana D'Cruz smacks down on Priyanka, Karan Johar turns 39 (and whines about it), update on Ajay's Singham, and MORE!
* OMG OMG! Promo for Singham is going to be showing with Ready!
* It's not filmi gossip but I think people might be interested in this blow-by-blow account of the trial of David Headley and Tahawwur Rana who were involved in the Mumbai terror attacks.
The bomb-sniffing dogs and heavy security are a sombre reminder this is a terrorism trial. And Headley testified that Rana told him the people who carried out the Mumbai attacks deserved Pakistan’s highest bravery medal. There has been damning testimony against the Canadian citizen.
But in Wednesday’s hearing it was Rana’s turn for spin. And his lawyer Charlie Swift came out swinging in cross-examination.
I just found it today but it looks like there may be a series! Here's yesterday's post and I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next installment. Fascinating stuff!
* Why was Peepli Live overlooked at the National Awards? Because it was never submitted!
* Bipasha Basu was briefly detained for carrying personal goods worth 65 lakhs but she paid a stiff fine and was set free. Just one more reason the Minissha Lamba case is so suspicious. Wouldn't you expect that anybody carrying 50 lakhs worth of goods would be able to afford the penalty to be set free immediately? Like Bipasha.
Which reminds me that I want to order her exercise DVD! That will a fun review!
* Katrina Kaif rubbishes rumors of an item song for Delhi Belly and says:
On being asked about how she rates herself as a dancer, Katrina roots for Rekha and Madhuri Dixit instead. “I think that they are great dancers and they have consistently performed over the years. I think it’s tough to follow the kind of career path that they have created for themselves."
Haters to the left! That is a classy answer.
* Karan Johar turns 39; throws hissy fit; Shahrukh throws him a party; photographers outside Mannat throw punches.
* Kay Kay Menon insults both filmmakers and audiences.
"The filmmakers are succeeding in promoting trash because people are lapping it up. It is sad to see that nobody is standing up and raising voice against it. Filmmakers should be confident of the product they are offering to people," said Kay Kay.
So... these same trash-lapping audience members are the ones you want to go and see your new film? Insulting your audiece: a new marketing gimmick courtesy Kay Kay Mennon.
* Was the music from Yamla Pagla Deewana stolen? We'll find out in court!
* A new crop of actresses isn't afraid to show skin and do racy scenes. However, it remains to be seen if these actresses can cross over into mainstream films after the skin shows. Bipasha Basu managed to do it but she's one in a million... and her scenes were nowhere near as racy as some of the newer films coming out.
* Catch up with Tusshar Kapoor, who doesn't realize that audiences really don't want to see him in a romantic avatar.
You are here: Home » Entertainment » Golmaal, Khaki, Shootout were experiments: Tusshar Kapoor
Golmaal, Khaki, Shootout were experiments: Tusshar Kapoor
New Delhi, May 26, (PTI) :
Ten years ago Tusshar Kapoor made his Bollywood debut with 'Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai' and went onto star across varied genres like action and comedy, but the actor says he is a romantic hero at heart.
Despite earning rave reviews for his staid performances in 'Khaki', 'Shootout At Lokhandwala' and hitting a six with his comic turn in the 'Golmaal' series, the 34-year-old actor says he is most comfortable starring in mushy films.
"Golmaal, Shootout..., Khaki were all experiments. Romantic films is what I call home. I love starring as a romantic hero, be the typical Bollywood star, try to look good and play emotional roles in mushy films," Tusshar told PTI.
His latest release Love U Mr Kalakaar is a romantic film and Tusshar feels life has come a full circle. "I was waiting for a romantic film for a long time and got a good script only last year. Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai came out in may 2001 and this is May 2011. Life has come a full circle. Thankfully I still look young enough to star as a romantic hero," he said.
* Ileana D'Cruz doesn't want to be upstaged by Priyanka Chopra in Barfee... Ileana should be more worried about the Priyanka media juggernaut upstaging her.
* Arshad Warsi + dance film = happy Filmi Girl!
“If the movie has only dance-dance then it becomes boring...there has to be something more than dance. That`s why I haven`t done any film on dance as most of the scripts are on same lines. It`s just the same – like a small-time guy works hard, becomes a dancer and wins a competition. So it has to be something more than this,” Arshad said.
* This one is for Monica - Farah Khan takes the feud with Ganesh Hegde to a new level by bringing in THEIR psychiatrist.
I don't remember if I posted this already but Akki is so nice, nobody minds watching him twice!
And check out a song promo from Shaitan!