Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday Gossip!

Good morning, lovelies!

I hope aal izz well with you, as it is with me!


Today I have for you - a question on Shiney Ahuja, Rani Mukerji and Mafia Queens of Mumbai, and some Katrina Kaif news! Let's hit it!

* Let's kick it off with a question from Nikhil Kumar at Apunkachoice.com:
Should Shiney Ahuja get a second chance in Bollywood?

Ever since he was first arrested for allegedly raping his maid in 2009, he has only wrapped up a pending film Accident and done another film called Mary Magdalene. There have been hushed voices of support for Shiney from some quarters in Bollywood, but no one has yet come out and spoken out loud in support of the actor. So is the talent of Shiney destined to rot away?

Do you want to know what I think? I think Bollywood should wash its hands of Shiney Ahuja. Even leaving aside the crime he was convicted of, from all accounts the guy is supremely unpleasant to work with. And let's face it - he's neither a giant box office draw, nor is he getting any younger. Can a 40-year old who is not a Three Khan have a successful re-launch? Probably not. And what heroine is going to work with him?

It's really not worth bringing Shiney back into films.

* We might be seeing more films shot in picturesque Himachal Pradesh. The government there has just
eased restrictions on film shootings.

* Katrina Kaif launches her
Barbie doll! Now, as a doll collector, that is an item I very, very much want to have.

* Zarine Khan doesn't know how to handle all the comparisons to
Katrina Kaif but the resemblance is eerie. I know it's not her fault that she looks like Kat but in an image conscious business, she needs to learn to deal with the face fate has dealt her. Maybe she should try a new hair style or make up techniques to change up her look instead of whining about it.

* And the original Kat and Salman have been confirmed for Yash Raj's
Ek Tha Tiger.

* The Bollywood box office has nothing to look forward to except
Ready and Fast Five. Will Indian audiences enjoy the Vin Diesel potboiler as much as the rest of the world has?

* Rajinikanth was hospitalized for
bronchitis! He is on bed rest now. I wish him a speedy recovery.

*
Haunted 3D is not a copy of anything, insist makers of Haunted 3D.

This one is coming to my cinema but I don't think we're getting the 3D version, which is sad because watching a 3D film in 2D is so depressing! Who is going to go see that?!

* Item girl
Yana Gupta discusses her upcoming song in Murder 2.

And some pictures! Rani Mukerji and Vishal Bhardwaj at the
Mafia Queens of Mumbai launch!





You're looking fierce, Miss R! I LOVE IT!

3 comments:

eliza bennet said...

Now Rani & Vishal, that's a winning combo!

I completely agree with your opinions on Shiney. A good example of how looks are not everything.

S said...

Wow Katrina was born in Hong Kong! Yay another reason for me to like her, apart from the amazing APKGK

Michael Barnum said...

You know, I actually used to like Shiney Ahuja a lot, but stories of his attitude on set sort of put me off of him, and then with the alleged rape, which if true (and I tend to think it is true), makes him someone I just would not care to see on screen again.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl