Sunday, May 15, 2011

More Cannes! Mallika Sherawat and a Bollywood Documentary



Jeff Zimbalist, who I would love to talk to for my Outsider in Bollywood series if anybody knows him, and Rakesh Omprakash Merha at the Cannes premiere of
Bollywood: The Greatest Love Story Ever Told.

The trailer is embedded below.





So, what do you think? The editing is so slick! It got me pumped to see every one of these films again. The inclusion of
Raavan is odd but I got chills seeming Shammi Kapoor! I'm curious to see what the entire film is like and what the response is going to be from Western and Indian audiences.



Has Shekar Kapur managed to sell Bollywood to the West?



Still trying to sell herself to every audience - Mallika Sherawat. Is it me or is she looking really frail these days?



And what is with that dress!! It looks like something from Cher's closet circa the 1980s.

2 comments:

Nerdypanda said...

Filmi Girl, you might be interested in the review of the doc Bollywood the Greatest Love in the Hollywood reporter. BTW, I really love your blog and you have the best intro to Bollywood I've ever read.

The Bolly Hood said...

Mallika even promotes milkshakes these days... she's that desperate to get her name out in the good ol' US of A...

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl