Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday Gossip

Hi, everybody! I hope your Wednesday is going/will be fantastic!

Now, let's see what the gossip pages have for us...



* Scriptwriter
Sachin Bhowmick has passed away.

Bhowmick, or Dada as people in the industry lovingly called him, became the master of romance. Actors, who wanted to showcase their softer sides, would invariably come to him for an image makeover. Rishi Kapoor, reminiscing about the writer who penned his hugely successful Karz, said, “He wrote some of my most romantic films. Any leading man whether it was me or Rajesh Khanna or Jeetendra or my uncle Shammi Kapoor who wanted to enhance his romantic image always went to Sachin Bhowmick's screenplay for sustenance. He was an encylopaedia of knowledge on cinema and screenplay. And though he wrote what looked liked fiercely Indian screenplays he could very cleverly adapt foreign films, like he did for my Khel Khel Mein,” added the actor.

* Hijda activist
Laxmi Narayan Tripati announced a new film about the hijda community: Queens! The Destiny Of Dance. Hema Malini and Rishi Kapoor were at the launch, which makes me like them even more. Social awareness is attractive.

* And Koena Mitra is acting in a
bisexual role in a Hollywood film - opposite Kevin Sorbo. That's right - Hercules.

* Yash Raj Studios has
facing legal problems.

* And Eros Entertainment is going to be in the middle of
a shake up.

* The
Dum Maaro Dum makers are worried about the Public Interest Litigation hearing.

* Trisha is in the running for a
Band Baaja Baarat remake.

*
Poonam Pandey discusses her stripping incident.

You didn't strip naked when Team India won. In fact, no one could trace you. Why make false promises?

I feared for my life and also gave my manager a letter to send to the BCCI to allow me to strip privately as public stripping is a crime, but they didn't allow me. I can't just hit the road and get naked because people want to see me do that. It was supposed to be fun but it took an ugly turn. I was threatened. I switched off my cell and tried to figure out my next step and how to deal with the court case. I went underground but I didn't flee the city.


* Arjun Mathur talks about
playing gay in I Am.

It wasn't very challenging, other than that particular scene where we had to get intimate with each other, the brief to me was, he's a normal guy like anyone else. We all have homosexual friends, and you've seen them, it's not like they go about acting in any different way, they're completely normal. I kept the character a normal guy, with a different sexual preference. There wasn't much I had to mentally prepare my self except for kissing another man.

I love Arjun.

* And it's not Bollywood but who wants to read about Indian
chick lit?

You see it everywhere these days, this particularly ubiquitous genre. The covers scream at you from bookshelves, pink and purple and baby blue. Colours, presumably, the same young woman this is aimed at also decorates her bedroom with. Complete with stuffed animals on her chenille bedspread. Looking closer, you see silhouettes of ‘sexy’ girls, none with an ounce of extra fat, holding martinis, dangling shoes, clutching their handbags. That’s what we do, girls, wink the covers, suggestively—we drink. We sit on bar stools with our impractical heels. We spend the sum national product of a small country on our handbags. And this is a book that is all about you.

Here's Sonakshi Sinha for Provogue!



I love her, too. She's got a nice energy about her... not flighty but very calm.





Rishi and Hema at the
Queens music launch!

2 comments:

eliza bennet said...

I love how Hema has aged. So gracefully and the woman looks good.

As for Sonakshi, I don't share the love (yet). She was like in a catatonic state in Dabangg, like they put a cardboard of her there with two interchangeable expressions. She is not Deepika bad (at least she looks normal) but that was not a good performance.

Shell said...

What a wonderful quote from Arjun. I so <3 him!!!!

Maybe it's just me, but I don't really want to see Kevin Sorbo in anything, even if he's opposite a lovely Bengali lady. *shrugs*

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl