Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday Gossip!

Hellooo everybody!

I'm loving the response to my interviews! You guys are the best! Thank you for making all the hard work so worth it...

If you are interested, I made a little page for myself
on Facebook and put up some pictures and things. Go check it out and "like" me... if you want.

Now, for gossip timmmmme!




ETA: I needed to add this poster...




HOW CUTE!!! I can't wait for this one!

* FIRST LOOK at
Hrithik in Agneepath!!!!

* Shiney Ahuja is appealing his
sentence, which is his right, of course. We don't know the truth, not having seen the evidence, but judging from the reaction of Bollywood in general, I am inclined to believe that he did it and deserves those 7 years in jail.

* I want
this book of candid photos of Bollywood so badly. SO BADLY! Interestingly, the celebs weren't paid for their photos - I guess just appearing in the book was honor enough?

* This book from an NYU professor I'm not as
interested in.

* Judging from the promotional interviews, it looks like
Dum Maaro Dum might be getting a wider release than an Abhishek starrer usually does. (Also, it's free for release in India - the Goan court has cleared it.)

* A brand new role was written for Bipasha for
The Italian Job remake Players.

* Ranbir Kapoor is doing a special appearance song for a
kids movie.

* Read a good look at
the recent spate of sequels.

Trade analysts feel that making sequels already provide a strong foundation to start the film on. “If a film’s worked, then it’s easier for filmmakers to take forth the characters along the same lines,instead of hunting for new storylines altogether,” says trade analyst Taran Adarsh.

* Does the world need
Rangeela 2? No. No, it does not.

* I'm always happy when
Deepak Dobriyal gets work - even if it's in a RGV film.

* Is Jackky Bhagnani's next project a
remake of Rehnaa Hai Terre Dil Mein?

* Hrithik Roshan had to cancel his
family welfare project that would co-star Zayed and Sanjay Khan. It's too bad because I have a real sweet spot for Zayed. I'm always happy to see him turn up as the third lead in a film - I'd much rather see him than bland Neil Nitin Mukesh.

* South Indian music director
Devi Sri Prasad is doing a song for Ready!

5 comments:

pixel pitz said...

In the photographer article, this particular sentence stuck out to me about how everyone really goes out of their way to help you: “I’d go to a friend’s office for lunch and everyone would break out their cellphones and call everyone they knew,” he said.

That is precisely what happened to me. Everyone I met last year and told I was in Mumbai to learn about the industry would immediately, no joke, whip out their cell phone and call whomever they could think of that they thought I should meet or who could help me. Not "oh, you should meet my friend Ravi... I'll email you" but "Oh, you should meet my friend Ravi, here let me call him" and then hand me the phone and they would be totally willing to help. It was amazing.

Ness said...

That photography book sounds totally awesome - I WANT IT TOO when it's finished. ALSO VERY curious to know who it is that turned him down wanting payment (I have a theory or two, lol)

Bluemay said...

I'm so buying that photography book! With all his "issues", I'm impressed Salman allowed the photographer to tag along for 2 days. My guess is that the actors are fine with no payment knowing the book will increase their profile in the West. While he would not come out and say which actor wanted payment, the last quote says it all (SRK of course!).

eliza bennet said...

Yeah I'd bet my money on SRK too!

He is one guy this photo book will not help to increase the number of his foreign fans.

Faisal Hashmi said...

Ha ha ha ha...... So now they r trying to cover their plagiarism act by greatest tune thief Pritam. AFter so many negative comments on "Ready" trailer on their official channel, they have realized their mistake and now spreading the news tht Music is composed by Devi Sri Prasad not Pritam !!!!

Poor Bollywood !!!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl