Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday Gossip...

Oh, Filmi Girl, will you never learn? Staying up late to finish a couple episodes of The Wire is satisfying at the time, yes, but a grown-up life choice... not so much. YAWN!

Ah, well...



GOSSIP!


* Check out the new Salim-Sulieman remix of Born this Way - with gratuitous sitar.

* This is the most annoying interview with Anushka Sharma and it's all the
annoying interviewer's fault.

Aren't you too new in the industry to demand a van as big as SRK?

I know my place. I don't overvalue or undervalue myself. I can't dream of asking someone to treat me on the same
level as Shah Rukh Khan. You can choose to believe me or not but that's the truth.


REALLY? You can't think of anything more interesting to ask? It's always the same - "Who are you dating? Are you dating Ranveer? Are you? Are you?" And then when she doesn't answer it's "Aren't you spoiled? Aren't you? Aren't you?" BORING!

* I don't know why this
contentless profile of Alexx O'Nell is making the rounds but, rest assured, my piece on him will be about A MILLION times better. Here's a nice tidbit, though:

The actor will also be seen in Joker.

"We are currently shooting for
Joker. Just finished the Chandigarh schedule some time back," he said. "Akshay and I are rivals in a way in the film. We are pitted against each other, so we share a lot of screen space. I'm really looking forward to it. The second schedule is later this month," he added.


* "Razia" may not have much of an impression on anybody (most likely due to the poor lipsyncing that plagued most of the songs in
Thank You) but Mallika Sherawat is going to try again with Shalu.

And even
Rani wants to do an item song. YES, PLEASE!

* Oh, dear... is Zoya's
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara inspired by The Hangover?

* Arshad Warsi is
Jolly LLB!!!!!!!

"During my days as a journalist I had the opportunity to see many court-proceedings and hung out with a lot of lawyers and it is so unlike the cliched Bollywood idea, with the judge saying 'Order Order'," said the filmmaker. "The judges sometimes mixed up cases and the verdict for one was delivered at another. The lawyers came up with the silliest objections and received some funny put-downs. A court-room is the perfect setting for a comedy," said the former-hack.

* Ranbir is going to jam with his uncle Shammi in
Rockstar.

* The bikini girls used to advertise Goa are
back... because apparently while Dum Maaro Dum gives the wrong image, bikini girls give the right one.

(And confidential to MaxqNZ, I find this kind of thing where the women are merely objects to gawk at about a million times more distasteful than the songs in
Thank You where all the girls are participating in the fun atmosphere. That's why Deepika's song is so much more distasteful to me than Munni or Sheila - Deeps doesn't look like she is participating in having a good time but is instead performing some man's idea of what "sexy" is supposed to be.)

* Abhishek Bachchan is the top
celebrity brand endorser.

* Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra says
corporate giants have ruined business for everybody else.

Explaining the vicious circle created by corporate giants entering Bollywood, the talented filmmaker said," Most of the corporate have huge money and they play the upside game. The net worth of their companies are pretty high, hence corporate companies don't mind paying 3/5/10 times the cost because the moment you make announcement through your full page advertisements, people see your name and would buy your company shares. Your share price rises from Rs.100 to Rs.400.

* Will Vivek Oberoi show up in
Krrish 3? And is it Krrish 3 or Krrish 2?

4 comments:

S said...

Ooh looking forward to a lawyer comedy! But you know, I actually found Sheila a bit...uncomfortable. More than Munni, and a little bit like Deepika in DMD, I thought that Sheila was some teenage guy's fantasy. A little try-hard imo. But Munni, otoh rocked!

eliza bennet said...

I actually liked how Sheila seemed really comfortable during and it seems everyone was having fun with it (except Akki who I agree didn't really contribute to it - unlike Vishal or Salman & Sonu in Munni)

Obviously Kat is not as good a dancer as Deepika but she has something that Deepika doesn't have. Kat exudes a warm aura that makes the viewer participate in the song & dance, Deepika's dances doesn't invite me to join in, she just looks weird.

Filmi Girl said...

@S I can see that. :)

@Eliza We agree 100% on this one. :)

Shell said...

Very much looking forward to Jolly LLB. I hope though, that the film truly is a satirical look and not slapstick. I think Arshad would be incredibly effective in a more contained comedy. Satire is one of my favorite types of comedy!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl