I'm so ready for Ready! Check out Salman Khan's entry at the music launch!!
Now, are you ready for gossip?!
* In news that makes me seriously ill, Anushka Sharma (!!!!) has been told to lose weight for Ladies vs. Ricky Bahl. Are you kidding me?! Anushka Sharma is so slim as it is - what does Yash Raj want? A walking skeleton?!
The production house is very strict when it comes to the fitness of their heroines. While signing a film, their contract insists they be of a certain weight and have a specific Body Mass Index.
This makes me really tempted to boycott Yash Raj Films...
* I'm also really disappointed in the press for continually referring to Onir's I Am as "gay" and "risque" when it is neither. And this isn't just the bottom of the barrel entertainment media but the freaking Guardian!
While the film does have a gay theme in sections it's certainly not risque - a word better associated with films like the Emraan Hasmi-Mallika Sherawat potboiler Murder.
Calling I Am "gay" and "risque" really trivializes the deep social questions that Onir is posing... but maybe I shouldn't have expected more from the media, after all they have a royal wedding to cover.
* Bollywood dancer Sandip Soparkar was not invited to perform at William and Kate's wedding. Was he lying to the press to being with or did somebody pull a fast one on him?
* Udit Narayan gives an interesting interview.
Earlier, the singers used to be the actor's voice, but now the scenario has changed...
The songs of yesteryears were more meaningful and sung by great singers jinki awaz mein sacchai thi. Nowadays there are many new singers who have become overnight stars thanks to reality shows. In our time, it used to take five years to meet a Laxmikant-Pyarelal. Some of these new singers are good, but there's no signature voice for any hero today.
* The producer of A Strange Love Story goes public with some accusations against Riya Sen.
Riya would allegedly arrive drunk on the sets and then insist on napping for two hours in the middle of the schedule. “Once she showed up at 4 pm for a 9 am shoot. She even stole a pair of jeans from the costume department and then began demanding Rs 4,000 to Rs 5,000 for shopping every day,” adds [Suresh] Bhagat.
* Jagmohan Mundra, the director of Naughty @ 40 is tired of allegations of copying.
"It is unfortunate that in Bollywood whenever we make a film, there are people out there who immediately start joining the dots and hunt for reference points."
* Mumbai police have been told to not use item songs as the ring tones on their mobiles.
* Producer-director Suresh Kholi is making a film on Saddam Hussein.
* Rensil D'Silva is threatening to make another film - why anybody would trust him after the disastrous and shoddily made Kurbaan is beyond me. Salman Khan is the name being thrown around to star in it, although I highly doubt it will happen.
* Vishal Bhardwaj has bought the rights to a book on lady gangsters. As long as the film doesn't star PC, I'll definitely go see it!
* Kick is going to be shot in Korea instead of Japan... so people in Seoul, keep an eye out for Salman and Sonakshi!
* And Rajinikanth has decided on a comedian for Rana - Ganja Karrupu.