Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thursday Gossip!

Good morning, good morning!

Are you ready for another exciting day?

We've been having fun on my new
Facebook page! The poll to determine who is the worse rapper, Abhishek or Akshay - has a winner, er... loser: Abhishek by a whisker. I think the real loser is the audience whenever we have to listen to an actor rapping.

(Leave it to Hard Kaur, boys!)





Lolo on the cover of L'Officiel!

Which leads to today's question -
Which 90s actress would you like to see make a comeback?

GOSSIP TIME!

ATTN: AUCKLAND - Hottie Punjabi star Jimmy Shergill will be in your
neighborhood this weekend!

(Note to Jimmy Shergill: Please come to the USA next!)

* Read an interesting interview with a
Bollywood Hindi coach!

Let me tell you an incident. Both Kalki and I got busy with our respective work and I couldn't take her classes for some time. She was shooting for My Friend Pinto and right after that, she had to fly to Spain for Zoya Akhtar's Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

Since we didn't have time, I held a session at the B Blunt salon in Mumbai, where she was getting her hair done. She spent about two-three hours in the salon, so we had enough time to complete the exercise.


* Rohan Sippy talks to
The Globe and Mail. It's an interesting write-up, although the author is too quick to take Rohan at his word.

Take, for instance, his third feature film Dum Maaro Dum, opening in theatres across India and North America Friday. Sippy describes it as a “dramatic-suspense-thriller,” and with its inventive camera angles, gritty dialogue and non-linear plot structure, it’s not a typical Bollywood film.

I'll give him the gritty dialogue but inventive camera angles and non-linear plots are old standbys of Bollywood film.

* Abhishek continues his
Dum Maaro Dum publicity blitz/apology tour with more interviews.

"Otherwise also, if 2-3 of my films flop it does not mean that all my previous films also did not do well," said the actor. The 35-year-old actor's last three films Raavan, Khele Hum Ji Jaan Se, and Game did not do well and the box office.

Don't forget
Delhi 6 and Drona!

* Was Yash Chopra squeezed for
protection money?

*
My Friend Hitler is to be screened at Cannes. Oh, how I wish I was going... maybe next year!

*
Shaitan is like a David Fincher film, says Anurag Kashyap. My question: HOW DID I MISS KALKI KOECHLIN KISSING A GIRL IN THE TRAILER?!

5 comments:

eliza bennet said...

Wow with Abhi giving you so much fuel, you seem to restrain yourself a bit.

I really hope that this film will be a hit - my Abhi needs one :)

The Bolly 'Hood said...

Wait...Akshay is actually a REALLY good Punjabi singer/rapper! Maybe not so much in the Singh is Kinng finished product, but his live performances are amaaaazing!

Lime(tte) said...

I heard that My Friend Hitler is total crap - and I don't want to watch it, honestly, especially because I'm German.

The Bolly Hood said...

The music should be left to the professionals, i.e. Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghoshal, Shaaan etc... Genie Rap (Aladin) sung by Amitabh Bachchan is just dreadful!

Bombay Talkies said...

Is it just me or does Lolo have an, erm, 'easy access' hole in her dress?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl