Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thursday Gossip!

GOOD MORNING, WORLD!

* Alexx O'Nell is doing tons of publicity these days... here's another interview on
his projects.

How different is your Chittagong from Abhishek Bachchan starrer Khele Hum Jee Jaan Sey which also looks at the same event in history?

Our Chittagong is a grittier tale of the 1930s robbery. It was a failed attempt at robbing the British armoury by young revolutionaries in Chittagong, which is in present day Bangladesh. I’m sporting short hair in the film, unlike in Urumi and Joker. The film also features Manoj Bajpai and Barry John. I play a bad guy. It’s minus the glamour factor that came with
Khele Hum


And if Alexx is in it, it's also plus English actors who can act.



* Rich people don't have to slum it at the
movie theater with everybody else - the new rage for the upper crust is private theaters.

Somebody call the New York Times style section with this one.

* Actually, no. Don't - instead how about checking out some "new wave" Tamil cinema being screened in
Brooklyn.

The one not to miss is Naan Kadavul, which translates to I Am God. The 2009 epic, directed by Bala, will galvanize fans of such fearless visionaries as Chile's Alejandro Jodorowsky and China's Tsui Hark, while securing Bala's reputation as a compelling storyteller who commands an extravagant—indeed hallucinatory—visual sweep. The film recounts the legend of Rudran, whose father abandoned him as a boy on the advice of an astrologer. Decades later, he comes to a teeming port city where his son has transformed himself into an aghori—a tantric God who can heal and avenge.

* Kashmera Shah steps up to defend
Payal Rohatgi on the casting couch allegations.

* Ranbir Kapoor joins me on
Team Vijay Krishna Acharya and praises the writing of the Dhoom films. Please let this mean we'll get another production a la Tashan from Vijay in the future.

* Abhishek does that thing where you say -
I'm sorry... that you're upset.

"Everyone here is a huge fan of original [Dum Maro Dum]. We have immense respect and love for Dev sahab and Zeenat aunty and we are not in anyway trying to upset them. We have utmost respect for them. We are here to entertain people and not take on our seniors. We are too insignificant to try and compete with the legend like Dev sahab."

You know, I actually think
DMD will be a fun film but I also think that in this case, the nostalgia-branding with the song and the title was a bad decision. Why not just call the film Goa Noir or something? There is NOTHING about the film that needed this nostalgia-brand and if I know that Dev Anand is touchy about things then the DMD team certainly did, too. Why bother messing with a cranky and vain old star? Even a toothless tiger has some bite left to him...

* Ranbir Kapoor to media:
Stop making up link-ups.

*
Jackky Bhagnani is playing a cop in his next film.

3 comments:

eliza bennet said...

"Chile's Alejandro Jodorowsky and China's Tsui Hark"

Ok how can you compare the two - I can understand comparing Bala to Jodorowski but Jodorowski being the same vein (of fearless visionaries no less) with Tsui Hark?? Seriously (I love love Tsui Hark, especially his earlier films but this comparison is like comparing watermelonds to almonds or something)

eliza bennet said...

Sorry by "you" above I didn't mean you Filmi Girl, I meant the person you quoted.

The Bolly Hood said...

Hi, I was browsing google for "bollywood blogs" and I came across your site, it's pretty good. I'm a fan of Bollywood like yourself, and I recently have started my own blog on Bollywood.

Check it out here: http://bollyhooha.blogspot.com

Like your blog, I don't indulge in Bollywood gossip - let me know what you think. If you like it maybe you could mention it in your blog (I need followers!) Please follow it - I'm following yours. Maybe let people know about my site? I've also created a animated banner for my site here: www.bollywoodbuzz.in It's the one that starts with the bollywood sign and has Deepika/Ranbir on it.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl