Monday, April 18, 2011

Monday Gossip!

GOOD MORNING, lovely people! I had the most amazing weekend being a fangirl at a fan convention and it's so hard trying to return to the everyday kind of mindset. Ah, well... the next convention here is in July - the super fun Shore Leave, which I HIGHLY recommend attending if you are a sci-fi fan. I'll be counting down until then!

But, yes, you probably just want to know when OUTSIDER IN BOLLYWOOD: SARAH THOMPSON KANE will be posted... and if I get everything together in time, I'll have it up tonight. You guys will love her interview, Sarah is a such a sweetie and she has a great sense of humor!

For the complete opposite approach to my series (but fun nonetheless,) check out this gleefully catty write up of
phirangi babes in Bollywood.

Now it's gossip time!



If the trailer didn't get you excited for
Ready - this song promo might!!



* I was happy to see that there is a new compilation of
Sufi songs in Bollywood! The review contains a link to the album on Amazon.

*
Kites didn't stop Barbara Mori's Bollywood career. She has signed another film, playing an English linguist. This one is with Rajeev Khandelwal. And do you know what? I'm actually pretty psyched. I thought Barbara did a wonderful job in Kites!

* Our Steven Baker reports on
Bappi Lahiri's latest exploits... accusing Jennifer Lopez of plagiarism.

"Jennifer Lopez's new song 'On the Floor' that has a Lambada-sampling, and has become a huge hit, is identical to my song 'Sochna Kya Jo Bhi Hoga Dekha Jayega'," Lahiri said. "The opening tune is the same. I brought Lambada to India 19 years ago, and she has done it now. The credit goes to me."

Has anybody listened to both songs? What do you think?

* Sign of the apocalypse?
Himesh Reshammiya and Perez Hilton together on screen.

* Kunal Khemu may be teaming up with
99 directors Raj and DK again! The connection is through Saif Ali Khan and let me tell you... if dating Soha Ali Khan is what it takes for Kunal to break through the clutter, I am all for it. Kunal Khemu is one of the most underrated actors in Bollywood today. The man is MAGIC!

* Is Yana Gupta replacing
Mallika Sherawat in Murder 2?

* Shahrukh has promised to pull a half-Poonam and
go shirtless if the Kolkata Knight Riders reach the IPL final.

* According to
Bipasha Basu, Dum Maaro Dum is "a very cool stylish thriller." Considering that is the tag of my non-favorite films Race and SRK's Don, I've got a bad feeling. Cool, stylish thriller seems to mean style over substance and ridiculous plot twists that annoy instead of delight.

And it's confirmed that Vidya Balan is playing the
Junior B's wife in the film.

* Will it be Surya in
Shankar's next?!

* Ram Gopal Varma is using
film students instead of professionals for his next film.

1 comment:

yip said...

A thousand thank you's for bringing to my attention the wonderful Sufis at the Cinema compilation. Disc 1 is just wonderful!

May reese pieces rain from heaven!

[or something...]

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl