Friday, April 22, 2011

Introducing... AJAY DEVGN!

I had this idea when I was writing up my Bollywood for Beginners piece on Ajay Devgn - wouldn't it be fun to see how all our favorite heroes were launched? I've had these screencaps sitting on my computer for ages and since I have the day off, today is the perfect time to put them up for all to enjoy!


INTRODUCING... AJAY DEVGN!




Ajay Devgn née Vishal Veeru Devgan (his friends still call him "VD") was launched in a fairly typical 1990s college-campus/gangster potboiler called
Phool aur Kaante (Flower and Thorn, 1991). The film first introduces the comedy subplot and campus tough guy "Rocky." I like to think of bad guys like him in video game terms - he's pretty obviously the first boss.


ROCKY is wearing the leather jacket! We all know these guys are trouble...



He hassles a less attractive student and likes to be called BIG DADDY! Who can stop this ruffian?! WHO?!



Golmaal golmaal everything's gonna be golmaaaaal....



AJAY DEVGNNNN!



He enters our hearts astride two motorcycles...



... gazing confidently into his future career as an all-around badass.





*mwah mwah*



HI AJAY! HI!!!



OH NO! THE MOTORCYCLES ARE COMING TO A MEDIAN! WHAT WILL HAPPEN?! WILL HE FALL OFF? WILL THEY DECIDE TO BOTH TAKE THE SAME SIDE?!





*Filmi Girl falls out of her chair at the sheer awesomeness of Ajay*





OH NO! THE STUDENT WHO WAS BEING HARASSED BY ROCKY?! WHAT WILL AJAY DOOOOO?





A true hero never veers from the path...



... even if that path contains a chubby dork.





"What did I do to deserve a hot guy falling into my lap?!"



*SMOULDER SMOULDER SMOULDER*





"Forget about Rocky,
yaar, and join MY group."



"FOR I AM AJAY! PROTECTOR OF THE WEAK AND DORKY! BANE TO ALL WHO WOULD CHALLENGE THE RIGHT AND PROPER SOCIAL NORMS!"

5 comments:

Lime(tte) said...

Woooooow! What a great debut! Shahrukh also had his debut on a motor cycle, but it's not half as cool as this one. I really need to watch Phool aur Kaante.

never-evil said...

omg I remember a similar scene from an Ajay movie... but I didn't think I had seen Phool aur Kaante. Either way thanks for sharing :D

The Bolly Hood said...

Saw him in so many films when I was young - god knows if I can remember them...

Shell said...

Ajay has ALWAYS smoldered! I would expect nothing less from him in his debut! *swoons*

Mette said...

Haha, I just watched Phool Aur Kaante, and it's most certainly ridiculous. A cool debut, though.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl