Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Gossip!

Good morning!

For you today... Ali Zafar's special appearance in
Love Ka The End!



I love the "Zamana"-style light bulbs and wind machine action going on.


* Reviews look promising for
Shor and not so much for Chalo Dilli... which means I MAY end up watching Dum Maaro Dum after all!

* Somebody that is not me - one Priyanka Sinha - agrees that Bollywood has forgotten how to make compelling
song picturizations.

Dum Maaro Dum it was, last week and I quite liked the film. What didn’t impress me though was the song "Mit jaaye gham!" The iconic song (renamed and remixed) which was all about rebellion—the essence of youth—did not make an impact with its new avatar. The defiant line 'Duniya ki parvah karen kyun?’ with its care-a-damn attitude reflected so ably in Zeenat Aman’s smoked abandon failed to find a match in Dippy’s gyrations.

* Another Western review is baffled by Bollywood - but at least he's polite about it.
The Globe and Mail tackles 3 Idiots.

Over here is a touch of Animal House. Over there is an echo of The Paper Chase, or The Graduate, or a 1950s melodrama, or a buddy film, or a mystery. That’s without mentioning two catchy songs that erupt into typically lavish Bollywood dance numbers with dozens of singers making goofy faces and engaging in elaborately choreographed calisthenics. All together now: “Zoobi doobi zoobi doobi pum paara/ Zoobi doobi param pum.” No, I’m serious. The tune has been going through my head for days.

* Rajini's
Rana begins shooting today.

*
Dhoom 3 will be casting a new girl for the heroine role.

* Tusshar Kapoor has no trouble
being typecast - possibly because he's just happy to be cast in anything! (I kid, I kid - I like Tusshar just fine, especially in comedy roles.)

* Katrina Kaif has been voted the top match for
Prince William.

* Arshad Warsi likes
the color black - keep that in mind, ladies.

* We may not get
Shor but Haunted 3D is getting a US release.

Finally, I'll leave you with a couple of magazine covers...



Katrina Kaif looking EXTREMELY sleazy on
Vogue...



Malaika Arora Khan wearing what appears to be a doily.

6 comments:

maxqnz said...

Poor Katrina - she doesn't look sleazy at all. Sultry yes, a tad tacky perhaps, but not totally classless and definitely not sleazy. I've read praise from you of other actresses wearing less and wearing it with less class and grace, so I wonder if it's a predisposition to think poorly of her that has coloured your perception of the outift as sleazy? If so I can understand that, because I'm predisposed to spring to my fellow A-I's defence every chance I get. :)

Filmi Girl said...

@maxqnz I'm usually inclined to think very highly of Kat - as we all know. It's a combination of that really tacky black bustier and the dumb sexyface pose the photographer captured that looks really sleazy.

Actually, it's mostly the black bustier and bare midriff - just NOT a classy look at all.

Maybe I should have said "tacky" instead of "sleazy" because I meant that she looks cheap. ;P

eliza bennet said...

Yeah something's wrong with that pic but not sleazy.
The "Slice" ad I have watched in India starring Kat, now that was sleazy.

I'm happy that they are getting a new girl for Dhoom 3 - Priyanka or Deepika wouldn't have been ideal.

Yunus Perveez said...

nice Reality Bites refference :-)on the Malaika cover and am now googling this Slice Ad Liz mentioned hehehe

Shell said...

I don't like either cover. I agree, Kat's face looks more wtf than sexy.

I was thrilled when I saw 3 Idiots in my local rental brochure!

Also, black is my FAVORITE color! Hmmmm.... what are the odds? ;)

jholomorphic said...

why wouldn't you see dum maaro dum? it was quite well done and a lot of fun.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl