Friday, April 15, 2011

Friday Gossip!

No new films at Loehmann's this week - not even a new regional film.

We have new trailers, though!!



READY!


And the leaked trailer for
Shaitan...



*
Sendhil Ramamurthy talks about his time in Bollywood.

"Since I don't speak the language, my opportunities will be limited but I accept that. I am happy to do movies like these, which have a part for an NRI. But my career is based in Hollywood and I am happy with having that and being able to dip my foot in Bollywood productions when the right part comes along.”

* Read about
the history of Indian rock.

Strangely, though, to be in a band is still a decidedly un-Indian thing to do, and to be in a non-folk rock band is an even tougher proposition. It is only recently that folk acts such as the Raghu Dixit Project, Indian Ocean and Swarathma have propelled themselves to a semblance of fame. This was long a concept painted as a hollow imitation of Western culture until Kochi rock act Avial came along and blazed through dynamic alt-rock sung entirely in Malayalam. Swarathma, likewise, would play their blend of folk-fusion sung in Kannada. These bands had the miraculous effect of getting the entire country to sing along with their choruses, for the most part not understanding a single word.

* An American photographer is making a
coffee table book about the many sides of Bollywood.

But there are other pictures that cut through the clutter — shots of struggling actors in dingy flats, a small-time actor posing in front of his shack at a Mumbai slum — as Bennington attempts to compare their lives with that of beginners in Hollywood. “There is more hope among struggling actors in India. In the US, the actors are reeling under a James Dean effect and consider themselves to be regal entities,” he says.

*
Singham - the Rohit Shetty directed Ajay Devgn starrer - is going to be full of Marathi actors to give it an authentic look.

2 comments:

Lime(tte) said...

Ready looks veeery "empty" to me, really we can't drag anything out of the trailer, other than they're taking advantage from the success of Dabangg.
Singham is a bit confusing, but I'd rather see that one than Ready.

Faisal Hashmi said...

Piece of Crap !!!!

Still i can't forget the Telugu "Ready" from my mind.... It was too awesome. and this Hindi version seems only loud and full of big budget actors. Action is poor with poor camera angles. Comedy is looking cheap and dialogues are just for Mass Sallu Fans. Even BG Music is copied from telugu song "Ringa Ringa" of Arya-2.

I will not dare to watch this movie. though i knw it is going to be a huge hit due to Salman and Dabang-Wanted hype.

I will prefer "Singam" remake rather thn this crap titled "Ready". Though still I don't know hw Rohit Shetty is handling this script?

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl