Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday Gossip!

I almost typed "Wednesday Coffee" - which is what I'm drinking. Mmmm...

Now, let us see what the gossip columns have dredged up for us today!


* Top story today: an unhappy
Shiney Ahuja was spotted outside court.

* Anees Bazmee and Salman Khan had a big dustup on the sets of
Ready.

* Ali Zafar is going to be in
Melbourne to promote Tere Bin Laden!

* We also can't forget the
New York Indian Film Festival! Tickets go on sale soon and I'll try to keep you posted.

* Spanish television station
Grupo Antena 3 is going to be screening 3 Bollywood films.

* Kangana Ranaut is
honest.

“I’m angry with some people in the industry. If the star kids fly a kite, so much is written about it. And when people like me win international awards, we are ignored.”

Kangna Ranaut also thinks that filmmakers plant reviews in media. “People from the industry send gifts, invite them for dinners, send money to them… Outsiders like me are left out because I am not of blue blood,” she added.


We can't forget she's only 23 and these kinds of things really hurt if you've never developed defenses against them. I shudder to think about what a big raw nerve I was at 23...

Well, you've got a well-wisher in me, Kangana! I'll treat you to dinner next time you are in the USA. That's a promise.

* Speaking of industry kids, Katrina Kaif seems ready to start her own dynasty. She's going to produce a film to
launch her sister.

* Sonakshi Sinha is
confirmed for the Kamal Hasaan film - not playing his daughter, unfortunately, but hopefully the pairing won't be too gross.

* New roles for
Vikram!!!!



* Cutie Meiyang Chang won
Jhalak Dikhla Jaa! Congratulations!

* Is it
Rockstar's Nargis opposite Shahid in Heer-Rangjha?

* And will it be Hrithik and Bebo for
Imtiaz Ali's next? [Note: I HOPE SO!]

* Tusshar Kapoor needs acting workshops to convincingly
do love-making scenes with a lady.

3 comments:

never-evil said...

Hmmm not that I am by any means a Deepika fan (no, REALLY :|) but how come the free pass to Kangana for bitterness and the eyeroll for Deepika over her bitter moment on KwK. Both are of similar age (23 vs 25).

Also I'm insanely curious about whether Kangana made that "kite" reference and meant Kites somehow? I don't usually keep up with the gossip circuit so don't know if something bad went down on that front?

pixel pitz said...

Eee! So happy you included Chang in your blog. He's a friend of mine. I'm a new FG reader and am slowly making my way backwards but I wanted to comment that this made me happy. :)

Filmi Girl said...

@never-evil You know I typed something up a long time ago but never responded!!

I'll do it now. I cut Kangana slack because I think she is legitimately bitter about her career while Deepika was bitter about her boyfriend. Deepika does sail through to really plum roles while Kangs - who is much more talented - has to hustle and scrap for everything she gets. I don't know... to me the two seem very different.

@pixel Chang! Isn't he cute? :) You'll have to ask him if we get to see him in something that isn't Badmaash Company... ;)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl