Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thursday Gossip!

Good morning, all!

I hope you are doing well.

Shall we see what the gossip columns have dredged up?


* The Kennedy Center's
Maximum India month has kicked off here in Washington, DC. The Washington Post's coverage leaves much to be desired. For example this statement isn't challenged:

KenCen Chairman David Rubenstein said he studied India in college and has traveled back every year since ("I can speak the language, which is always helpful")

And which language is that? Punjabi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Bengali, Urdu, Gujarti, Marathi... ?

I'm planning on going to see Kailash Kher as part of this festival on Saturday! If you are in the area, come on out - it's a free show!

* The rumors around
Xtreme City are flowing again. Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert DeNiro, and Shahrukh Khan are the names being thrown around.

* And more rumors around
Rajnikanth's Rana - Vidya Balan is the latest name being thrown around.

* Preity Zinta throws a
minifit on Twitter after the media disturbs her prayers in Shirdi.

Not to be too dismissive of her complaints but, honestly, that's part of the job. She can't have it both ways - to be in the public eye AND to be left alone. In this situation, she needed to have cooperated with the temple to make sure she was undisturbed. I'm sure they would have accommodated her in exchange for some photos and a small... donation.

* More political drama from the sets of
Aarakshan - this time the Big B throws his two cents in on the name.

* Sonakshi Sinha and Akshay Kumar do a picturization with some
Sadhus for Joker.

*
Arbaaz Khan is directing Dabangg 2 by himself - dropping Abhinav Kashyap.

* Abhishek Bachchan is doing
getting behind the microphone for Dum Maro Dum.

Aby Baby’s debut song was a hot-stepper and was the first Bollywood number to incorporate true hip-hop style. He gave the exact attitude and feel which was needed for the track.

Just... no. "Right Here, Right Now" is a lot of things but "true hip-hop" is not one of them.

Although the purple prose in this piece is delightful!

* It's Shriya Saran not Deepika for Power Star Pawan's
Teen Maar. Seems like filmmakers just like throwing D's name around for publicity.

* Ranveer Singh refutes all the rumors of him dating
Anushka Sharma.

"I would really make a bad boyfriend. Anushka and I are very close buddies, but we are at loggerheads all the time. All these reports are an imagination of someone jobless."

*
Read up on the copyright bill that got Javed Akhtar all fired up.

* Tusshar Kapoor's people are pushing
this story about how he likes a lady... I have no comment except a giggle.

* Amol Gupte will play a character that is a tribute to
RD Burman.

5 comments:

Bombay Talkies said...

Heh...David Rubenstein TOTALLY speaks Pali. Pali* is "always helpful."

Ugh. I can absolutely get behind you on the annoyance at that one. I had a geopolitics professor at UMD who insisted that Hindi and Bengali were the same thing. She was Serbian so I should have started calling her Russian to see how much she liked being labeled incorrectly.

*I took Hindi at the USDA Grad School and it was AMAZING how many people said they were taking it as a substitute for Pali. Is Pali really that popular among the federal workforce? Or was my entire class populated with uber-hipsters?

Filmi Girl said...

@bombay talkies LOL! I took one semester of that class at the USDA grad school. One white girl showed up the first day in a kameez shirt over her jeans. Um, no.

The Federal workforce all wants to learn whatever will get them into State. ;P

maxqnz said...

I read Preity's twitter stream about the temple visit yesterday and largely sympathised with it all. EVERYONE is entitled to some private time, and worship should be one of those times, if that is important to the individual. I particularly liked her comments on the unhealthy relationship between the temples and revenue-gathering. It does seem that most organised religions run their structures for that purpose.

Filmi Girl said...

@maxqnz I do agree that everybody is entitled to some private time but public figures have to make concessions - it's not fair, but it's the nature of the life. It sucks for Preity but she has the resources to arrange whatever she wants. It might take more planning to send her secretary ahead or something but not everything is easy in life.

Or maybe I'm just remembering other stories I've heard from journalists about high maintence Preity Zinta is... ;)

Bombay Talkies said...

I'm sure I left quite the fashion impression on my USDA class lol...I worked at the Folger Library at the time and wore a dress to work, packing jeans in my bag to put on for class later. Of course I'd forgotten to pack a shirt, so I showed up to class in a DvF wrap dress over ripped jeans, dirty Vans and a winter jacket.

My makeup, though, was impeccable. ;)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl