Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday Gossip!

Good morning, everybody!

I got a good 12 hours of sleep last night... *yawn* I must have really been tired.

Now, in recent days I've gotten an e-mail expressing some concern that I post gossip from places like the
Mumbai Mirror, that may not be completely accurate. In my defense, I'm not saying that this stuff is necessarily true - just that it's what is being said.

(And I've been doing this long enough to know to ignore any reports of link-ups, couples fighting, or hissy fits thrown... or anything that looks like it was planted by an actor or actress's secretary.)

So, guys and gals, I trust that you are intelligent enough to know the difference between fact and fiction but do you think I should put up a disclaimer before my gossips?


Please use your own judgement in deciding what to believe.

Yes?

Now!!! The much-maligned gossip section!

* We'll start with some sad news: Actor
Navin Nischol has passed away. I believe I may have some old reviews of a film or two that he was in and I'll try to dig those out to celebrate his career.

* Read a poorly formatted interview with
Preity Zinta!

Were your childhood adventures of the extreme kind?

I am the only heroine who can actually win a Guinness world record. In my childhood pictures, you will see me with a fracture or a cut or a scratch … I didn't look like a girl. I got the cuts by beating up boys. I have a younger and elder brother and was surrounded by boys … so till 12 I didn't grow up like a girl. Though I have grown up now, I am still the same person. I keep hiding my feelings and then one day they burst like a pressure cooker. I just lash out and then I am done. I have bashed up so many guys, especially in Delhi. You hit someone and run … you don't need to be a commando; what you need is a good pair of shoes.


I think I remember Bipasha Basu saying she used to bash the Eve-teasers in her neighborhood... anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? CHARLIE'S ANGELS!

* Some of Shahrukh's comments at the
India Today Conclave really rubbed me the wrong way.

"The world is looking at India... But I have an aversion to one word - it disturbs me that all Indian filmmakers are chasing an elusive dream of crossover cinema," Shah Rukh said Friday at the India Today Conclave.

His whole spiel is a bit rich coming from Mr.
My Name Is Khan - although I suppose you can't really call it "crossover" if it doesn't crossover but that doesn't mean they weren't trying.

* Imran Khan clicks some
gorgeous photos of Bebo on the sets of Short Term Shaadi.

* Bebo has a cute story about
meeting Ranveer Singh.

* Imtiaz Ali is shooting in
Kashmir for Rockstar. (The link has some photos!)

* Vidya Balan discusses the challenges of playing a character based on
a real-life person whose mannerisms are not known.

"On my part I would do research on her. I have seen her songs and films on south Indian channels. She spelt sex," the 33-year-old Vidya said.

It's interesting that Vidya is going to be basically creating her own character for Silk Smitha, just using mimicry for the performance aspects.

* WHY is Rajini going out of his way to make sure Deepika Padukone is part of
Rana? It's not like he needs the buzz and she looks so young... he's going to look like a child molester next to her. At least Aishwarya was a respectable mid-30s opposite his 60.

* The
Kangana Bikini Crisis has been resolved.

* Two words:
Isqiya 2.

*
Times of India speculates on why Holi songs have disappeared from films.

* Cricket takes over
Mumbai.

* For Canadians: The Royal Ontario Museum is putting on a
Bollywood Exhibit!

* And
Agent Vinod is not dead yet.

And a song promo from
Dum Maro Dum feat. Bips and Rana!



I love Bipasha... you know, she wears just as much makeup as Priyanka Chopra does but it doesn't bother me as much. I think it's because Bips is a much calmer actress. Priyanka always seems to be trying
so hard and that comes across as rather cartoonish sometimes. Bips is a bit more sedate and natural.

Anyone else feeling this song? "Teee amo! Tee tee amo!"

3 comments:

Lime(tte) said...

I think I've read your quote from the Preity interview about a 1000 times... Is it a new interview? Seems really familiar.
Anyways: ISHQIYA! 2!
And TE AMO!

This year is getting better and better.

Filmi Girl said...

@Lime(tte) I think it's one of those stories she's told a billion times. That interview was a mess but I do like Preity so... :)

luscious-words said...

Ishqiya 2?!? SWEET!!!

As for Bips vs Priyanka, I think there's more substance to Bips than Priyanka. Bips has been willing to take on some less glamorous roles and has done well with those. I could be making snap judgments, but I lean on the same side you do. (Which is not to say I haven't enjoyed a few Piggy Chops roles, but not in the same way I appreciate Bips.)

~ Layla

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl