Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday Gossip!

Happy Monday!

Well, Happy Mondays?



Hee hee!

I hope everybody is doing well this fine day.

COMPETITION ALERT:
Zee Communications is releasing F.A.L.T.U. on the Internet simultaneously with the film in India. AND if you watch online, you can enter to win a THREE DAY TRIP to India!!! Exciting, isn't it?!


Here is the
site!

Now, some sad news... "Bolly" Bob Christo has passed away. The tributes are just
pouring in for a beloved character actor and evil henchman.

This caught my eye:

Bob was living in Bangalore for the past five years along with his friend and restaurateur Khaleel Pasha who was with him during his last days. “Bob used to help me a lot in promoting my business by giving public appearances. In fact along with actor Akshay Kumar, we were planning to release Bob’s autobiography in June this year,” he said.

I hope that Bob's autobiography does get released anyways. I think we would all like to know more about a remarkable man.

My sympathies to his family and friends.

* In far less classy news, sometime Bollywood bit player Tania Zaetta
was arrested for causing a nuisance at a bar.

* Item number alert! Bipasha might be doing one for
Murder 2; Mallika Sherawat is doing one for Double Dhamaal; and recent topless sensation Kashmira Shah is doing an item song for a film shooting local to me -9-11.

* Abhishek Bachchan is also doing a
song for Dum Maro Dum but the best part of this article is the heated prose:

"However this is what has happened in case of Dum Maaro Dum", informs a source who has been closely following the chain of events related to the film, "It was a given that the film would have a top actress gyrating to an item number for the film. The chosen song was the re-arranged version of the classic 'Dum Maaro Dum' and Deepika Padukone managed to make the cut. The song was kept in news right through the making of the film and has now been released in the biggest way possible during the World Cup. It is all turning out to be a rage."

As far as I can tell, the song is far from a
rage - unless "rage" refers to the trollish comments left on youtube where fully one third of the reactions were a big click on "dislike" (a fairly high percentage for an item song.) Do you think that the hype beforehand raised expectations too high? Turning our "meh" reactions to something more like "disappoint."

* Now, here is a related question - how much do you really want to know about a film before you go in? Do stories like
this one about Akshay shooting for Housefull 2 ramp up anticipation or would it be better to just show up in the theater and see what shows up on screen?

* Think about that question before clicking on
this link speculating on Aamir's role in Reema Kagti's next film.

* Rani Mukerji thinks we should all move on from discussing her failed romance with the
Junior B.

* Salman Khan ousts Akshay as the host of
KKK4! SHOCK!

4 comments:

Shell said...

I could care less about the info floating around prior to a movie releases and often base what I'm going to see on who is in it rather than the film's story or prerelease hype. Sometimes that means I'm disappointed, but I think, more often than not, if I enjoy an actor or director, I'm going to like most things about the film. Plus, if your stories start to gain negative publicity, ie Deeps item number, I think it hurts the overall numbers at the box office (I will probably not be seeing Dum Maaro Dum).

I like surprises.

Filmi Girl said...

@Shell I like knowing certain things before I go in - like a general idea of the plot and if it's a happy ending or not. Other things I like to be surprised or you end up feeling like you've seen the film before it even comes out!!

With DMD, I think it definitely backfired. Deepika's item number generated a lot of hype before it was released but has generated an - at best - indifferent response.

Ness said...

Increasingly, the less I know about a film, the more inclined I am to enjoy it. I tend to avoid watching most of the endless stream of promos that are released prior to the film's release nowdays, because like you say FG, you feel like you've seen the film already by the time you ACTUALLY get to see it. And it does work to a film's detriment sometimes, because you can make up your mind about something out of context when in the context of the film, it can be totally different. (I was totally MEH about all the songs from TMK - and in the end, they were the bits I liked the BEST in the film, lol!)

Lime(tte) said...

F.A.L.T.U. - I'm going to watch a film, just when it releases!!!! WUUHUU.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl