Sunday, March 6, 2011

Aishwarya Rai - Fun, Fearless Female!

I was so happy to hear that Aishwarya Rai was chosen as the Fun, Fearless Female of the year.

Aishwarya really came into her own as an actress and as a heroine this past year. She held her own against SUPERSTAR Rajinikanth in
Endhiran and Chiyaan Vikram in Raavanan. She lit up Action Replayy with a goonda attitude and some deliciously tight trousers. And then there was her quiet, simmering performance in Guzaarish. She stole the show from right under Hrithik Roshan - a difficult task for any actress.


She may be 37 and married but for my money, there isn't a better heroine out there right now. In some ways, I think age and the support of the Bachchans have allowed her to shake free any inhibitions on the screen. Perhaps being free from gossip about link-ups has let her spread her wings a bit - to be more free with her co-stars.

Here she is from
Vogue: India in February 2011.













She really is looking better than she ever has!

Go, Aishwarya! Go! I'll be cheering for you in 2011!

8 comments:

batulm said...

I think you are right. She's certainly less inhibited than she's been. However, I'm always uncertain about whether I do like her or not, as an actress. Perhaps her beauty overwhelms one.

Tabassum Mirza said...

Hey there! I would like to correct you. She was chosen as the Fun, Fearless Female of all-time, just not last year! :-)

Staying at the top despite not having Khan connections was made possible by her. Even today, any mainstream actress relies on the Khans for hits. She doesn't.

That's just one unique quality about her though. There are many, many more! :)

travismichael5150 said...

Aish's acting has always underwhelmed me. that being said, I've yet to see any of the films that you listed from this past year. I do, however, think she is the most stunning woman, and this pictoral spread is seriously WOW!

Shell said...

oops, that last comment was from me (Shellie/vox23)... somehow my hubby's email was logged on.

Lime(tte) said...

I've always liked Aishu, since I was little, and I still do. She's a great actress, but you can still see her in not-so-epic films, still entertaining. And thank you for sharing the pics, I really want the Vogue India!

Bollybeat Crew said...

Hey I love your blog! The Aish pics are wonderful! Please come take a look at Bolly Beat. www.bollybeat.blogspot.com
You guys are on our blog roll!

Kavita said...

I agree that her acting has improved a lot but then she could only go up from where she started off.

She in no way 'steal the show' from Hrithik and was SUPER-ANNOYING in 'Action replay'!!

She does look good though ;-)

Indian Essay said...

Ash is indeed beautiful but *fun* and *fearless*??? No way..

I think we could have conceded that tag (with some reservations) to Preity Zinta, Vidya Balan or even Sushmita Sen. Not Ash, no way..but I guess my opinion hardly matters ;o)

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl