Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday Gossip!

Good morning, all! I leave for London today, so updates will be patchy (or non-existent) until I return on Monday.

Now, let's see what the gossip pages have for us today!

* The big news is... Katrina Kaif is going to appear opposite Aamir in
Dhoom 3!!

If you thought I was excited before, I'm double excited now!

* And to contrast, here is the film that is my kryptonite:
Cocktail.

Saif is pretty excited about the film already. As per him, the film is romantic and funny with a great balance of drama and entertainment. He has also earlier quoted - "I have wanted to do a love story with a modern sensibility and treatment and I know that Homi will give us exactly that."

Yes, that's right - a love story with a "modern" sensibility starring Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone. And you just know that Saif is going to insist on playing 20 years younger than he is and there will be no songs. And "modern" plays to Deepika's biggest weaknesses - dialogue delivery and acting like a normal person.

Do you know what film I would watch with the two of them? Saif plays a 40-year old, jaded, rich son whose father hires assassin Deepika Padukone to kill his him because he thinks his son is useless. Saif learns a valuable lesson about living in the world and Deeps does martial arts.

* Salman is ordered back in court to deal with the
deer poaching. Again.

* Narmada hasn't even made her debut yet and already she is
dieting down.

I HATE THIS TREND. Come save us, Namitha!

* Do you even know how much I love that Dimple and Akshay are
BFF?

* It's heartwarming how the industry has banded together for
AK Hangal.

* Amisha Patel turns down a role in a
Sunny Deol film... I think there is something seriously wrong going on with her. The stories trickling out about the breaking and entering into a relative's house, etc. I wonder if she isn't having some substance abuse problems.

* SRK is doing an
item number!

* I heard rumblings about this before but it looks like it is confirmed... AKSHAY KUMAR will be the
Once Upon A Time in Mumbaai sequel!!!

* And sad news for FG - Arshad Warsi posted on his twitter page yesterday that he will not be doing
Maximum.

arshad warsi
For all the ppl who were looking forward to seeing me in a negative role, sorry I am not doing the film Maximum....

4 comments:

redsarah said...

Hooray for Katrina in D3 - and good to see that being a classy lady over the "I want to meet Katrina - oops no, it was Deepika" request has paid off.

PS I'd pay to see your Saif-Deepika film.

eliza bennet said...

Have a nice trip and return with goodies for us (pics etc.) :)

I too would like to see your film instead of Cocktail remake starring Saif.

Now a Cocktail remake starring Ranbir (in the Tom Cruise role), Konkona (in Elizabeth Shue's role), Akshay (in Bryan Brown's role) and Sushmita (in the rich lady's role) will be something I'd be looking forward to!

eliza bennet said...

Ok instead of Konkona I'd cast Anushka!

Filmi Girl said...

@redsarah Hee hee! I'm just counting the days until somebody buys a script from me.

@eliza Thank you! :) And your remake sounds pretty good, too!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl