Greetings, friends, today is another day!
Although, it's not Friday, like I wish it was - Thursday is still pretty good.
Okay, then, what have the gossip columnists written for you today?
* Here's the one real story today - Youtube is looking to expand into the Bollywood and cricket markets for viewers outside of India! Now, if they are smart, they'll add regional cinema to that list, as well, because it is a lot more difficult to get regional cinema than it is to get Bollywood.
"For most Bollywood producers, distribution in non-traditional markets is a problem and then the only choice left for people in those markets is piracy," Gautam Anand, Director, Content Partnerships, Asia Pacific for Google , said in an interview. "At least this way we are legitimizing views and monetizing it."
* But this one is almost as good - Ranbir Kapoor has refused to endorse a fairness cream.
* Rituparna Chaterjee over at IBN questions if Priyanka Chopra is overrated.
What then is Chopra's staying power in Bollywood? Is she part of a well-oiled PR machine, moderately talented, willing to better herself, good looking or simply tenacious? Her balance sheet in the last seven years lacks any considerable hits that can be called her own.
* And Priyanka herself doesn't help matters by explaining that she didn't do any of the intimate scenes in 7 Khoon Maaf - it was body doubles.
* Prachi Desai will be doing a Tamil film opposite Arun Vijay.
* And Prithviraj is going to Bollywood - potentially opposite Rani Mukerjee!
* Vidya Balan was spotted in Goa with UTV's Siddharth Roy Kapur and the media is having a field day with all the speculation. I think it was probably just a business meeting of some sort.
* Mahesh Bhatt was the only person to come to Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's aid in India.
* Literally the last thing any Bollywood film needs is for a team of experts in the United States to evaluate it.
* Rekha turns down a role in Rajini's Rana, because, HELLO, she's not the sister type. Now, if they offered her the sex bomb role, you know she'd accept in no time!
* Jackie Fernandez is going to play an adult model... you know, the naked kind of adult model... in Jism 2.
* Deepika Padukone is so high maintenance! She throws a fit over wearing the bikini in Housefull and now stories are out that she threw a fit about the outfit for her Dum Maro Dum item song and the lyrics of the item song and, well...
Dippy, it's called an ITEM SONG - it's going to be provocative. What did you think was going to happen? Did you think you would be doing a mujra in an anarkali suit?
Ugh. And look at her rib cage - in no universe is Deepika Padukone sexy. She looks like she'd either burst into tears or break into two if anybody tried to touch her.
Mallika Sherawat in Thank You - this is how you do a sexy item number. No rib cages on display, no whining... Mallika is a pure sex bomb!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl