Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Gossip!

Good morning, all! Nothing so big as Aamir in Dhoom 3 today but there is one juicy story that is worth breaking my 'no Twitter news' rule for...

* Salman Khan wants to rename Bollywood
HiFi.

(Now, if you remember, I had mentioned this very thing in my
first post on Bollywood for Beginners.)

* Jennifer Lopez's cousin is doing an item number in
Bhindi Bazaar Inc. The question nobody answers is WHY JLo's cousin is doing an item number and, more importantly, why we should care. These Hollywood hanger-on stories are so embarrassing... like this next one.

The headline alone makes my eyes want to roll out of my head:
Travolta co-star wowed by Devdas SRK.

The story itself is about how some nothing actress who happened to be in a John Travolta movie once is being cast in
Azaan.

* Mallika Sherawat is just
too sexy for Sanjay Dutt.

It is reported that Sanjay Dutt showed keen interest in the remake of Amrapali when the offer was put up to him. But on learning that Mallika Sherawat would play the female lead role played by Vyjayanthimala, he lost interest. It is not sure if he was apprehensive with her acting skills or not comfortable with her sexy image.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black - Sanjay Dutt can make entertaining films but he really has no room to stand on to be apprehensive about anybody's acting skills.

(Miss Thing has also been confirmed for
Jism 2.)

* Shotgun Sinha is not going to let any daughter of his tramp around onscreen in
a bikini. Sonakshi is lucky to have such a powerful dad - the false association of 'liberated' with 'wearing little to no clothes' needs to end.

* Is Charmy doing the item song in the
haven't paid for the rights yet remake of Dabangg?

* This could be really good or really bad - Rajkumar Santoshi is moving ahead with a romantic comedy starring
Aishwarya and Abhishek.

* Read about the closing of a landmark movie theater in
Dubai.

* Some protestors burnt Emraan Hashmi
in effigy because they hated Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji. Come on, protestors! Didn't Madhur convince you that it was a sex romp for the whole family?

* Onir receives an
apology from his accuser - a man who will probably be blacklisted in Bollywood now. Maybe Yuvraj can pair up with Shiney Ahuja for a two-hero film...

* I don't usually enjoy actor interviews but the
purple prose in this one with Anushka Sharma put a smile on my face!

DP: Recall the time when you first saw Akshay Kumar or heard about him.

AS: I can't recall exactly my days when I first saw Akshay Kumar, probably because I wasn't a kid who loved films. I never knew any names of films while I was in school and college. So when I am told that some actor had an affair with some actress, I get shocked.

The first time I saw Akshay Kumar on the big screen was in
Dil To Paagal Hai. I felt really sad for him because he never got Madhuri Dixit in the film and when you talk about him being a Casanova, I got a bit surprised. I think he is a man who has so much love for everybody.

No comments:

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl