Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Gossip!

Greetings, lovely people! I bring you all the odds and ends from the Internet - except stupid marriage rumors. Do Bollywood journalists really have nothing better to do than go around and make up rumors about every couple spotted together? I suppose the answer to that is: No. No, they don't.

Anyways, let's see where today takes us...





* Thank god not all the critics are being bitchy about
Tanu Weds Manu. It's a sweet film and I'm glad it's doing well!

* Amitabh Bachchan is letting the script speak in
Aarakshan and has no comment on the politics of Reservation.

In fact,
nobody is talking.

“Reservation” means “reservation” [Deepika] Padukone said when asked what the word meant to her. She plays a college student with Bachchan as her father. “I would not like to reveal my role,” she said after praising the view from her hotel room, which had “a calming effect on her.”

To be fair, actors are hired to play a role in a script - the person who should be answering the tough questions is the guy who wrote it.

(Check out Hema and the Big B
on set!)

* Farhan Akhtar is suffering the curse of the actor-director with
Don 2 holding up work on Dhruv.

* Yesteryears actor
Biswajit - of "Kajra Mohhabat Walla" - is in a bad situation.

* Will I go see a Nikhil Advani-directed movie starring Akshay Kumar as a
superhero? Absolutely. I'll probably love it and go see it twice. The question is, will everybody else?

*
Raveena Tandon is not doing any steamy scenes with the Big B in Buddah.

* Cyrus Broacha is hosting the Golden Kela awards this year. Abhishek Bachchan came to the ceremony last year to accept his award for his "American" accent in
Dehli 6. This year Cyrus thinks:

"I think Shah Rukh Khan is also one of the actors with an excellent sense of humour and won't mind collecting one."

Really? Shahrukh Khan? The same guy who accepted the Filmfare Award for best actor for the very role you want to give him the Golden Kela for? Good luck with that. I suspect that SRK will not be making an appearance at the awards ceremony.

* Speaking of the Badshah, his
catchphrase for Don 2 has been revealed.

“Don Ke Dushman Ki Sabse Badi Galti Yeh Hai, Ki Woh Don Ka Dushman Hai.”

I'm already tired of
Don 2 and it won't be released for MONTHS. Sigh.

* Vidya Balan is doing her own dubbing for
Urumi - a film I cannot WAIT for! I hope it comes to my local theater!

* Or at least this Prithviraj one
directed by Anurag Kashyap!

* The role Rekha has been offered in
Rana is not just that of Rajini's sister but it's also a negative role!! And she hasn't turned it down yet!

*
Marathi films are getting big budgets.

*
This interview with Priyanka Chopra was done at the preview screening for 7 Khoon Maaf and is highly entertaining.

“I look almost scary in some scenes,” she happily agreed. “I was supposed to. In any case, I don’t think I’m the most beautiful person on earth,” she added without vanity. “That’s not my USP. I don’t think I’m beautiful. I’m a decent looking girl, I’m easy on the eye, that’s about it. I’m not arrogant about the way I look, I don’t think much of it as a matter of fact. For me I’m an actor."

Which is why she wears lightening foundation an inch thick in every film? Sorry, naughty Filmi Girl slipped in there. The interview really is quite charming. Priyanka must be a lot of fun to interview - and Ranveer Singh shows up.

Just then a whirlwind called Ranveer Singh blew in. No, no, no, no way was he going in to see the film so late.

“Oh, a congregation of great ladies!” he quipped gallantly. “I came to say ‘hi’ personally instead of sending a text message,” he told Priyanka. “I can’t come for the 9 pm show either, I have an event to attend. But I want to pay good money, buy a ticket and watch your movie in the theatre,” he smartly said.

“Actually I paid to see your film, so you also pay and see my film,” Priyanka volleyed back. “I’d gone with six people to see
Band Baaja Baaraat, you take seven to see my film!”

“After I see your film I’ll text you. You’re going to be a smash hit,” he predicted. ”I can tell from the trailer.”

2 comments:

never-evil said...

ha the Priyanka-Ranveer banter in that very confusingly formatted interview was so much fun!

Bombay Talkies said...

WHOA. Is that Kangna in those pics? I know she's had work done but holy crap. I don't recognize her at all anymore.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl