Anyways, let's see where today takes us...
* Thank god not all the critics are being bitchy about Tanu Weds Manu. It's a sweet film and I'm glad it's doing well!
* Amitabh Bachchan is letting the script speak in Aarakshan and has no comment on the politics of Reservation.
In fact, nobody is talking.
“Reservation” means “reservation” [Deepika] Padukone said when asked what the word meant to her. She plays a college student with Bachchan as her father. “I would not like to reveal my role,” she said after praising the view from her hotel room, which had “a calming effect on her.”
To be fair, actors are hired to play a role in a script - the person who should be answering the tough questions is the guy who wrote it.
(Check out Hema and the Big B on set!)
* Farhan Akhtar is suffering the curse of the actor-director with Don 2 holding up work on Dhruv.
* Yesteryears actor Biswajit - of "Kajra Mohhabat Walla" - is in a bad situation.
* Will I go see a Nikhil Advani-directed movie starring Akshay Kumar as a superhero? Absolutely. I'll probably love it and go see it twice. The question is, will everybody else?
* Raveena Tandon is not doing any steamy scenes with the Big B in Buddah.
* Cyrus Broacha is hosting the Golden Kela awards this year. Abhishek Bachchan came to the ceremony last year to accept his award for his "American" accent in Dehli 6. This year Cyrus thinks:
"I think Shah Rukh Khan is also one of the actors with an excellent sense of humour and won't mind collecting one."
Really? Shahrukh Khan? The same guy who accepted the Filmfare Award for best actor for the very role you want to give him the Golden Kela for? Good luck with that. I suspect that SRK will not be making an appearance at the awards ceremony.
* Speaking of the Badshah, his catchphrase for Don 2 has been revealed.
“Don Ke Dushman Ki Sabse Badi Galti Yeh Hai, Ki Woh Don Ka Dushman Hai.”
I'm already tired of Don 2 and it won't be released for MONTHS. Sigh.
* Vidya Balan is doing her own dubbing for Urumi - a film I cannot WAIT for! I hope it comes to my local theater!
* Or at least this Prithviraj one directed by Anurag Kashyap!
* The role Rekha has been offered in Rana is not just that of Rajini's sister but it's also a negative role!! And she hasn't turned it down yet!
* Marathi films are getting big budgets.
* This interview with Priyanka Chopra was done at the preview screening for 7 Khoon Maaf and is highly entertaining.
“I look almost scary in some scenes,” she happily agreed. “I was supposed to. In any case, I don’t think I’m the most beautiful person on earth,” she added without vanity. “That’s not my USP. I don’t think I’m beautiful. I’m a decent looking girl, I’m easy on the eye, that’s about it. I’m not arrogant about the way I look, I don’t think much of it as a matter of fact. For me I’m an actor."
Just then a whirlwind called Ranveer Singh blew in. No, no, no, no way was he going in to see the film so late.
“Oh, a congregation of great ladies!” he quipped gallantly. “I came to say ‘hi’ personally instead of sending a text message,” he told Priyanka. “I can’t come for the 9 pm show either, I have an event to attend. But I want to pay good money, buy a ticket and watch your movie in the theatre,” he smartly said.
“Actually I paid to see your film, so you also pay and see my film,” Priyanka volleyed back. “I’d gone with six people to see Band Baaja Baaraat, you take seven to see my film!”
“After I see your film I’ll text you. You’re going to be a smash hit,” he predicted. ”I can tell from the trailer.”