Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday Gossip!

Well, I was up bright and early this morning to Fan Club Preity Zinta on BBC Love Bollywood! I will post the audio sometime later this weekend.

NOW! Gossip time!

Hrithik Roshan is the sexiest guy in India!



At least according to
Marie Claire! Thanks to Hrithikrules.com for uploading such a nice quality pic!

* My girl JIAH KHAN is about to start filming for Power Star Pawan's
The Shadow! I'm looking forward to seeing her back on screen!

* It's a new music director for Shirish Kunder's
Joker... AR Rahman's nephew GV Prakash! Apparently, Prakash had a really big role in the Jaan-e-Mann OST, which is one of my favorites, so I'm happy to hear about this!

And more music news -
Vikram is singing again!

* Catch up with
Ajay Devgn!

"I have never had a coterie around me whether at the beginning of my career or today," said Devgn. "I may have seen highs as well as lows but never ever have I given myself in the hands of those who may take unfair advantage of me," says Devgn.

* And then catch up with
Katrina Kaif!

Referring to the income tax raids, she says, “I have been given a clean chit (by the IT department) and I am really happy about it. I have never held any grudges against anybody. I know that they (income tax officers) were just doing their jobs."

(Meanwhile Priyanka Chopra will have to pay taxes on
6 crores that the IT department found in their raid.)

*
The media is at a loss with Prateik Babbar because he's not fitting into the mold of the chocolate hero. They can't speculate on link-ups, so the TOI is reduced to recounting about the one time Prateik took salsa lessons.

* Shahid and his mouche are going to be flying an
F-16 in Mausam!

* Is colorizing
old films a good thing? I don't think so but some are under the impression that young folks won't see black and white films. I say that the black and white isn't why young people don't want to watch older films - it has to do with the pacing, acting styles, etc

However, a poll conducted by a Bengali channel showed that 96 percent of the viewers do not want to see path-breaking Bengali movie Pather Pachali directed by Satyajjit Ray to be released in colour version. The opinion was Pather Panchali needs no support of colour to improve its quality or make it appear more attractive to contemporary viewers. According to Satyajit Ray Society, a Mumbai-based organisation, that worked on Mughl-e-Azam and Naya Daur, had shown willingness to colour Ray's Pather Panchali. But the maestro's son Sandip Ray called the project 'atrocious.'

And I call the colorized
Mughal-e-Azam atrocious. What a terrible viewing experience of a classic film! All the shadows were colorized out of existence, giving the film a bizarre cartoonish look.

3 comments:

maxqnz said...

I thought the Mughal-e-Azam colourisation was criminally awful, UNTIL I saw the Naya Daur colourisation. I only saw a few of the songs, but even though nearly a year has passed, my eyes still bleed spontaneously just thinking about them. As underwhelmed by the Apu trilogy as I was (just too gloomy), I know it's great art and must not be defiled by the drunk orangutans who threw their paintboxes over M-e-A and Naya Daur.

Carol said...

@maxqnz, I started watching Naya Daur last night and found it so awful to see that I couldn't stand more than 10 minutes. Why they did that? Why? Now I'm happy to know that I'm not alone. Thanks.

maxqnz said...

@Carol, I hope you find a B&W copy - I love that movie. It was the 50s Lagaan I think, in terms of the skilful blending of message and masala.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl