Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Gossip!

Welcome home to me! I am happy to be back but sad my vacation is over. My cats were overjoyed to see me - I'm sure my office will be, too, when I bring in the box of Cadbury Roses, a chocolate that we can't get here in the USA.

Now, let's see what I missed when I was on vacation!



"Jugni" from
Tanu Weds Manu!

*
Patiala House opened to some supremely cranky reviews that completely missed how sweet it was in the race to call it 'predictable.'

This review is one of the better ones - tough but fair.

When you watch this film, forget about the cricket; forget even about it being an underdog story. It’s neither. This is a story of a man whose beliefs are beyond the use-by date and the price his son pays for it. Be assured, you’ll be empathetic at some level.

* Read an interview with
R. Madhavan!

Q On the film’s website, it says Manu ‘has no vices’. Your popular image, too, seems to be like the character you play. Is that accurate?

A (Laughs) I guess I have the world fooled! The truth is, I have always wanted to be a guy like Manu. You know, those men of few words, who can command respect in a room simply by being there. Their aura captures you. Manu is like that, and I have always wanted to be someone like that. As far as vices go, the only thing Manu does is smoke.


* Jiah Khan is
not married but Soha Ali Khan and Kunal Khemu will be soon!

* Bala has finished shooting
Avan Ivan.

* Poor Akshay Kumar's
back is acting up. After reading some intense books on the injuries that gymnasts suffer after all that training in their youth, I can imagine that it's similar to what actors who do intense stunts feel a bit later in life.

Also, did somebody
sabotage Akshay's awards performance? Because of a suspicious technical glitch, Akshay had to perform a stunt twice to promote his taking on a major role in the Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai sequel.

Because the stylish action sequence had to be done twice, Akki's back pain was aggravated. "It was so bad that he had to cancel an event on Sunday night something he normally never does. He has become a hero in Ekta's books for bailing her out by performing twice for her event. She had no idea he had a bad back," reveals our source.

* And read about more
actors with awful injuries.

An actor on conditions of anonymity sums it up saying, “It’s a heavy price we pay to reach the top, but when we see the perks, we feel it was worth it. What’s a hero, without the herogiri?”

* Did Nagesh Kukunoor throw a hissy fit over
Shilpa Shetty?

* Sanjay Dutt feels he is
too old to take on his father's role in Mujhe Jeene Do. And Salman Khan has realized he's too old for chocolate hero roles.

* Rani ignores Yash Chopra at an
event. I still don't believe she's really dating Aditiya Chopra.

* M S Shinde
editor of Sholay is in deep financial trouble.

* Shahrukh is in
Malaysia to film Don 2.

* Rahat Fateh Ali Khan was
detained at the Delhi airport with undeclared currency.

* Kajal Agarwal is debuting
in Bollywood opposite Ajay Devgn in the Singam remake.

* Ahana Deol is making her debut in an
Aparna Sen directed take on Romeo & Juliet opposite Prateik Babbar. Let's hope she has the work ethic and talent of Hema Malini, unlike her sister.

* Ranbir Kapoor has a deadline for
finishing up Rockstar...

* And now Priyanka Chopra's name is in the ring for
Dhoom 3.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Don 2: everywhere, except India.

eliza bennet said...

Ok I can suffer Uday in Dhoom3 and now they include Priyanka?

lvrplfc4l said...

Maybe this is a thank you to Priyanka for being in Uday's Pyaar Impossible.

Filmi Girl said...

@Carol Ha ha haaaa! I hadn't thought about it but that is so true!

@eliza I know, right? Maybe Priyanka will be paired opposite him?

@lvrplfc4l That is an excellent theory - I just hope that $$$ wins out over loyalty and they go with Kat, who topped the box office last year. I bet Uday's ability to call on favors is pretty low after PI flopped so bad.

Thelondongirl said...

I'm so pissed that I clicked the link for Don 2. its a freaking spoiler man. arrrrrrgh
I really hope not

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl