Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Gossip!

TANU WEDS MANU TONIGHT! Yay! Reviews seem good - critics are mostly complaining about predictability and, hello, it's a romantic-comedy! What did you think was going to happen?

Now, all of the media is on notice for the ridiculous stories about how Katrina Kaif and Ranbir Kapoor are getting married. I guarantee you that they are not getting married. Do you really think Rishi Kapoor is going to let his son marry Katrina Kaif? No. End of story.

Now, let's see what else is floating around the Internet:

* Ranbir Kapoor in a
Magadheera remake?! If this happens, there needs to be a dance off with Rishi Kapoor.

* Oh, Kangana... you know I think she has
reasons to be paranoid:

Its’ said that you use names of A-list actors to add to your brand equity.

If I could win so many awards- there are close to twenty lying in my house- without dropping names and without even working with big actors, then why would I suddenly start now? That too at a time, when I am actually doing better for myself.

I suspect sabotage. I know people who bitch about me; they are nice to my face though


* I really, really dislike Madhur Bhandarkar. He talks about
his films:

This pretty much goes in line with the statement - 'It's the budget that fails, not the film'. After all 2010 saw quite a few turkeys as well with some huge films failing.

Exactly. If you are making unusual cinema then actor and director have to control the price. The producer also has to look at the viability of a film and not just make a proposal. As I said, I always keep that in my mind. I am happy that I could make a film like
Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji in a moderate budget. It was not a Rs. 35-40 crore film; it was made in Rs. 21-22 crore. I got good commercial success with it and I am happy with that. Fashion did Rs. 26 crores and Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji should cross Rs. 30 crores. I do feel though that Rs. 6-7 crores more would have been added to it had the Censors not given it an 'A' certificate.


JUST DROP IT! You got an 'A' certificate because it was an adult comedy based around sex humor - no families would have gone to the film anyways.

And while he does make an excellent point about keeping budgets under control, he needs to shut up about that certificate. His film did okay, accept it and move on.

* Shahrukh's
Zor Ka Jhatka gets some of the lowest ratings ever for a show featuring a Bollywood star. Even Rakhi Sawant did better.

* King Khan also explains that
Mughal-e-Azam is a classic and shouldn't be remade... coming from the guy who remade Don, that's a bit rich. I don't think classic films should ever be remade. If they are adapted from books or stories, I think it's fine to go back to that source material and come up with another take on it - like Devdas or Parineeta - but some things should be left in our memories.

* Salman Khan saves a day of shooting on
Bodyguard by flying to the set in a helicopter when Bebo falls ill.

*
PVR Pictures is shutting down temporarily.

A source tells us, "PVR Pictures emerged as one of the biggest production houses of recent times, especially with a good mix of Bollywood and Hollywood films, which they distribute. They have been quite prolific in the distribution arena; however it is the production that has taken a backseat, especially after the heavy losses due to Aisha and Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se."

Now, you know if I had written that article, it would be: SONAM AND ABHISHEK BANKRUPT PVR PRODUCTIONS!

* Priyanka Chopra hopped the first flight out of Mumbai after mixed reviews for
7 Khoon Maaf - and she has been dropped from consideration for Vishal's next film.

* Ajith's
new punch line has been revealed.

* And here's the real gem of the day - a
German teenager discusses being an extra on the set of Short Term Shaadi.

“The film stars Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan. It is directed by Karan Johar. I played an American pulling a cart of vegetables in a supermarket which in the United States,” Brehmer told Pune Mirror.

He was taken to the studio by some agents while he was strolling on the seashore at Colaba. Brehmer was paid Rs 500 for the bit role. “From a foreigner’s point of view, the whole experience was very funny. Many people were shouting and the heroine, Kareena Kapoor, was treated like a goddess. It was as though she had a halo around her and nobody was allowed to touch or even speak to her,” he said.

5 comments:

eliza bennet said...

I like Ranbir but I don't know if he is the right person for Hindi remake of Maghadeera... His on screen presence is too sober and earnest (I'm not saying he doesn't have comedic talent, he does). This calls for more "hero" material - I'm thinking Ranveer Singh.

And why wouldn't Ranbir marry to Katrina, despite the opposing parents? I like to believe in love.

German teen's experience is very similar to mine :) Only I had the misfortune of having to hear Farah Khan's shrill instructions through a megaphone.

Akshay was also treated as a star (he had two bodyguards even in the indoor area) but he was very professional and never got angry no matter how many takes he had to do (and mostly due to clumsy extras than his inability)

Filmi Girl said...

@eliza Maybe they'll get married eventually but I highly doubt they will do it soon. This talk of marriage is just talk stirred up by the gossip columnists because they have nothing else to think about. ;)

eliza bennet said...

Oh I'd love an "against all odds" real life love story! I hope that it is not just rumour.

Anita said...

As much as I agree that most classic films shouldn't be remade and fear the upcoming Don 2, I don't think it's even remotely fair to put Mughal-E-Azam, which was an EPIC, in the same category as Don in terms of DO NOT REMAKE. Don was the kind of movie that really needed an update technologically speaking. But a period film of the stature of Mughal-E-Azam on the other hand should NEVER be remade, that much I agree with...

lvrplfc4l said...

Wasn't Hrithik going to be in the remake of Magadheera according to rumor on filmfare.com last week?
http://www.filmfare.com/articles/hrithik-to-star-in-a-remake-of-maghdhira-2058.html

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl