Good morning, world!
Why not go and cast your vote for the GOLDEN KELA AWARDS! I'm sure you can guess who I'm voting for... (although I take some issue with the Worst Supporting Actress Category - WHY WASN'T MAMA JENNY ON THERE?)
Some odds and ends for you today:
* Padma Shri Awards for Irrfan Khan, Tabu, Kajol, and a Padma Bushan for Waheeda Rehman, Khayyam, and Shashi Kapoor.
* Bad plastic surgery alert - the uber annoying Shahzahn Padamsee (Rocket Singh, Orange, Dil To Baccha Hai Ji) has been spotted with a bad lip job. I've been trying to ignore her so I didn't notice in the promo pics but yes, it's bad.
* Katrina Kaif says the reports of unaccounted income are false.
* Shahid Kapoor admits he didn't always pick the greatest films.
* Priyadarshan is filming with Mohanlal in Abu Dhabi. The film is to be called The Arabian, the Camel and Madhavan Nair.
* Bebo is going traditional for Bodyguard.
* Maneesh Sharma discusses shooting on location.
* The Dabangg remake rights are pricy! (And Kajal Aggarwal is rumored to be finalized for Power Star Pawan's Gabbar Singh.
"We did lots of candid shooting. For instance, let's say Bittu and Shruti (Anushka Sharma) are on a bike and thankfully Ranveer not being very known actor by then, we would just ask them to ride the bike behind an Innova. My director of photography and I were sitting in the back seat with a camera and shooting them. We just rode along wherever we wanted."
* Let's catch up with A.R. Rahman!
For the Mozart of Madras, 2010 was a mixed year. His CWG anthem, Swagatham…, was panned while ‘I will rise…’ has won him accolades. Rahman takes both acceptance and rejection in his stride, philosophising that if you enjoy people clapping for you then you have to be prepared for criticism too.
“Everyday is about choices, and in my case, these choices involve the public. So they have the right to express their delight and their discontentment. I give every song my best but destiny… the vibration of fate… sometimes fails me. Still, I am a believer in the Almighty, I leave it to Him to carry me along,” he asserts.
He also discusses the "Monkeys of Bollywood" title and says that a) he doesn't like it and b) Dreamworks insisted on shoehorning Bollywood in the title.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl