Hello, world! Are you ready for some gossip!?
First things first, though - please go check out Ani's hilarious flow chart for choosing the perfect romantic comedy.
* Who is going to IIFA in TORONTO?! June 23-25!
Bollywood superstar leading man Amitabh Bachchan has reportedly been replaced as spokesman for the event. But Kapoor, giving a hint of the regal way Indian stars talk publicly, didn’t want to enter the fray of gossip. Instead, he insisted he was a supporter of the awards show and was doing what he could to help. Unspoken subtext: He knows all about the controversy back home.
* Read an interesting take on why Bollywood stars don't make it in Hollywood.
Says Kabir Bedi:
"Their cinema is based on an entirely different construct and is totally different from ours. So is the outlook, perspective, way of work and professionalism that they bring to the table. It’s not good or bad … just different. Look at it this way — would we, could we ever really, really exploit the talents of any of their top-stars in a Bollywood movie? It would be a disastrous brand-fit! Look what happened to the great Ben Kingsley in Teen Patti. And remember the great Rex Harrison’s totally forgettable presence in Krishna Shah’s Shalimar way back in the late 70s? Also what about super hot Beyonce Knowles’ recent hip hop appearance with Akki in Blue? It just doesn’t work.”
Actually it was Kylie but the point stands.
* All the 40ish ladies are stepping back out into the limelight!
Madhuri Dixit is looking for new challenges and a way to politely decline acting opposite Sonam Kapoor.
"The right kind of script is very important. I want to do a fun and entertaining movie which my fans would like to watch. So I am waiting for those kind of scripts. I am ready for an image change if I think a film is going to be nice and entertaining and it's going to say something different."
And Juhi Chalwa has stepped in as an associate producer for Onir's I Am.
* Everybody is heading back to TV! Salman Khan is heading back to Bigg Boss and Amitabh Bachchan will be back on KBC.
And my favorite actor Arshad Warsi can be seen on TLC's Mr. Wright on Jan. 31st.
* Who keeps giving the green light to films that star Abhi and Aish opposite each other?! They have ZERO on-screen chemistry! We'll get to see their zero chemistry in a new film called Ladies and Gentlemen.
* Aamir Khan's lovemaking scene in Dhobi Ghat was axed. Also, the film is being released without an interval - so make sure you take care of business before the screening begins.
* Cat fight between the girls of Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji over the make-up van. (YAWN)
* Sudhir Mishra refuses to change the title of his film to please the Censor Board.
* PLAYERS SHOOTING IN WELLINGTON!
Updates here and here.
Here are some pictures from Josh Hartnett-Bipasaha Basu film Singularity! How is it that Bips looks divine and Josh looks like an extra from Mel Gibson starrer The Patriot?
The woman is GORGEOUS!
"Hey, Mel, which way is craft services? Are extras allowed to eat the wings because I can totally put this plate back but..."
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl