Hello, world! It snowed last night but not enough that I get the day off of work... so I must bundle up and trudge off into the snow. Ah, well, at least I'll have my Bollywood music on my iPod to keep me company.
Who else is still LOVING the No One Killed Jessica soundtrack. Has anybody mashed up "Delhi 6" and "Dilli" yet?
And if anybody is curious what the song was at the party where Jessica was killed - it's not on the official soundtrack but I can tell you that it's "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop. Great tune!
* The big story today is a Hollywood animated film called The Monkeys of Bollywood, which, I'm sorry, it just sounds SUPER RACIST. I hope they change the title before it gets a general release because that is not going to fly.
Hindu groups in the USA are already releasing statements of concern about the film.
* Waheeda Rehman doesn't want Pyaasa to be remade but would pick Sonam Kapoor or Vidya Balan to play her role. I can only assume it's because Waheeda-ji has never seen I Hate Luv Storys or Aisha.
"Classics shouldn't be remade because if you make the remake of such films, comparisons are inevitable. The new version might be better, but the impact of the original version is difficult to replace from the mind of artistes and audience of our generations."
See, she is using LOGIC when we all know classic films are remade because producers feel like they are a safe bet and because they don't have to think up original story ideas. I'm not 100% against remakes but the film should be remade for a reason - not just because a producer wants to do something "award-winning" and can't think up an original idea. We all remember the debacle that was Aishwarya's Umrao Jaan, right?
* Aamir-uncle teases his nephew by calling him the number 2 star in the country.
* Aishwarya refused to dance with SRK.
* The dream team of B-listers... Emraan Hashmi and Abhay Deol are uniting for Dibakar Banerjee's Shanghai.
* Annu Kapoor calls out Priyanka Chopra on her double standards about "steamy scenes."
“I was told that she had reservations doing steamy scenes with me but that did not bother me at all. Nevertheless, she felt comfortable doing some hot scenes with the others! This clearly proves one thing that if I were a hero - a ham artiste or even a lousy actor things would have been different.”
* This story has been floating around for a few days but I haven't mentioned it before - it's obviously a public relations piece from the Tanu Weds Manu team but what interests me about it is the way it's so clearly designed to do some scrubbing of Kangana's image.
See, in the film she is going to be shown smoking marijuana and the article explains about how the joint was fake but when Kangs was given real mary jane, she threw up. We are supposed to say, "Wow! Kangana must be a very good girl even if her character is kind of wild."
Who knows if Kangs smokes weed or not but I thought this was an interesting story from the PR angle.
* Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub is pleased with his performance in No One Killed Jessica and so am I and so were Vidya Balan and Rani Mukerji.
New song from 7 Khoon Maaf...
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl