* First, have a rant about the quality of the films of 2010.
Self-declared maestros and their ilk have single-handedly managed to not just shut down a few production houses by their self-indulgent rubbish but also demolished the morale of potential investors. It is a con act when you charge an irrecoverable sum of money from a studio for making a terrible film.
2010 not just saw bad content but also huge losses, as stakes got higher. Premieres in London and promotions on prime time TV shows can never salvage a bad film and that’s a lesson to be learnt for the coming year.
* Sanjay Dutt is going to stop promoting tobacco products.
* Thai action director Seelum Pradit has been brought in for Salman Khan's Ready.
* Hema's other daughter Ahana Deol is set to enter Bollywood.
* The Patiala House poster has been changed to add Anushka Sharma.
* Surya is willing to team up with Ram Gopal Varma again.
* Shahid Kapoor's Mausam has been hit with a plagiarism controversy - but not from Hollywood. Nope, a old friend of Pankaj's is claiming he stole the story idea.
* Raja Sen picks his top films of the year - thankfully, no My Name Is Khan.
* Maddy is thinks the Hyderabad airport is lucky for him - and insisted a Tanu Weds Manu sequence be shot there.
This is actually one rom-com I'm looking forward to. The dire looking Dil To Bacha Hai Jee, not so much.
* Imran Khan has been kicked out of a film after shooting started. Saif Ali Khan is replacing Imran in Cocktail, which I can only hope is "inspired" by the Patrick Swayze film of the same name and has a lead role that will accomodate either a 27-year old man or a 40-year old man because I refuse to see ONE MORE FILM that is supposed to be realistic and has anybody over the age of 40 playing 20ish.
* Poor Sunny D has had a tough time finding his place in an industry suddenly focused on those "realistic" films. Where is the role for the guy who can beat up 100 mooks?
* And Sanjay Gupta is back in the director's seat for an upcoming action film.
* If this book is in English, I'm going to search for it immediately! Does anybody know?
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl