Voting for the jury of the Twitter Hindi Film Awards has been extended for another day due to media coverage. And real media coverage.
So go VOTE FOR ME!
And if you are unaware of The Spoof, I highly recommend you click on the link and read about Birmingham Binwalla - Bollywood's answer to Slumdog Millionaire.
* The Financial Times gets a lot of things wrong in their article on Reliance Media Works new studios in Mumbai. Allegedly, RMW wants to draw outsourcing work from Hollywood.
India’s domestic movie industry makes around 900 films a year, compared to the 100 made in the US, making Bollywood the world’s most prolific film-producing country.
But given the low rate of box-office hits – less than a quarter of them break even. Bollywood’s share in the global $300bn film industry is a mere $3.5bn. If Mumbai can better the movies it produces it is hoped that this will carry across continents.
WTF? Why do so many journalists continually mistake Bollywood for ALL the films in India. I'm sure people in Chennai and Hyderabad would be thrilled to know that their movies (which are apparently all flops) are now considered Bollywood. This idea that better film studios = better films is so false that I don't even know where to start. Good production values are nice, yes, but the reason Bollywood is having so many flops the last couple of years is not due to the production quality of the films - it's about connecting with the audience. And Hollywood looking films like We Are Family didn't cut it.
* FILMFARE AWARDS are coming! Vidya Balan was at the press conference. Here is what I'm going to do - once I track down a list of the nominees, I'll make up a post listing everything and set the comments to screened. Anybody that wants to participate in my Filmfare contest can then comment with their picks and when the awards are announced, I'll unscreen everything and announce MY winner! How does that sound?
You can still vote for nominees here!
* Shashi Kapoor critcally ill but is still alive - no thanks to twitter.
* Gossip has it that Madhuri Dixit is NOT going to play Sonam's mother in Freaky Friday, to which I can only say: Thank God. Now, let's cast Lillete Dubey and find some new young girl (i.e. not in her 20s) and you'll have yourself a film.
* Kangana, perhaps fed up with Sonam sniping about her English, said that she wanted to see Sonam and Deepika's passports to check their ages. Not a great put-down as far as insults go but I'll give her a pass because she was probably thinking on her feet and in English at that... (And confidential to Kangana, let me know next time and I'll give you some great material to use!)
* Akshay Kumar is hosting the Zee Cine Awards and SRK is performing at the Apsara Awards. So many awards shows!
* Mahie Gill is playing a bar dancer and disturbingly, the article seems to think that it's a continuation of her Dev.D character. Um... did somebody not watch the film? It was KALKI who played the prostitute.
* Ahana Deol is not making her Bollywood debut. Perhaps because her family doesn't want to see what happened to Esha happen to her.
And how about a trailer?!
Doesn't Veppam look phenomenal?
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl