Good morning, world! I hope aal izz well with everybody.
Shall we see what the gossip pages have in store for us today?
* I avoid link-up rumors and other fluffy PR nonsense but I do love a good back-biting 'leak' from on set. In this case, I'm assuming Imran Khan planted this one via his secretary.
A source says, “Imran has been maintaining a distance from the boy from across the border [Ali Zafar - FG], because he finds his attitude questionable.”
Imran doesn’t even talk to Ali after the shoot. At first, things were quite fine between both the actors, Imran was also quite comfortable with Ali but it didn’t last because Ali started speaking spontaneously and without restraint.
The source says, "Imran is the lead actor in the film.”
However Imran got to know later that Ali is promoting himself as the lead in the film. He started getting irritated on it because even people close to him started asking whether Ali is the lead.
What really cracks me up about this article is that Imran Khan comes off looking like a spoiled brat... staying in his trailer and pouting because everybody likes Ali Zafar the rock star better than him.
* Here's another piece of classic back biting from Sonam Kapoor, who should really stick to her top talents: Modeling and sniping in the press.
As per the actress, though, she does not pass judgment on other people’s decision but no one will ever see her dancing on someone’s wedding for money.
Right. Because she already has plenty of money. Also, would anybody really ask Sonam Kapoor to dance at their wedding? Really? I'd rather have Bittoo and Shruti dancing!
* And a three-fer, Shazahn Padamsee thinks she had to struggle. Despite the fact that her family is connected in the industry. Yes.
Lady, Kangana Ranaut had to struggle; Shahrukh Khan had to struggle. You just had to show up and go to work. Yes, work isn't easy but that's why they call it "work." Nobody except the toppermost star kids have things handed to them, and even then if they don't put in a bit of work, they get spit right out again... eventually.
* Get a look at what 2011 has in store for all the big names.
* And an interesting look at 2010 box office.
Hollywood studios in India largely played safe when it came to blockbuster releases. Fox Star Studios' My Name Is Khan starring superstar Shah Rukh Khan was the only major star vehicle from a Hollywood studio here.
But industry estimates reckon that despite the film's strong haul of about 800 million rupees, "FSS" probably didn't turn a profit with Khan given the film's high acquisition and marketing costs, rumored to be about 1 billion rupees.
* And a look at the box offcie from the theater level.
Distributors state that they’ll not allow producers to clash with each other at the box office as they don’t want to lose money this year as well. “We don’t want two major Bollywood releases in one week. We are trying to convince the producer about this,” says a distributor.
I would also suggest making good films that people actually want to see - like Dabangg - instead of vanity project films.
* Oh, great - Hum Dono isn't just getting colorized, it might get converted to 3D so we can be bored in 3 dimensions.
* No One Killed Jessica is explained.
Gupta declined to say whether his film was a comment on the latest examples of power and corruption. Instead, he said he was highlighting how the public fought the system.
“This story is very inspirational because civil society very rarely comes together on such issues and tries to get justice for the dead,” he said.
“In this case justice was done for Jessica. Civil society came together as one and said, ‘Enough is enough.”
The best part about the earnest article is that it has only one comment, and that one comment is from an Internet troll... go on and read it, I'll wait.
And then go read about how they changed all the identifying details to avoid lawsuits and/or other retribution.
* Prakash Raj will be appearing behind the camera -as a director!
* And Salman Khan has finally agreed to go on Koffee With Karan. I can't wait to see how this one turns out.
* I guess I will have to see this film despite the casting of Abhishek Bachchan opposite Katrina Kaif. If Rajkumar Santoshi makes another trip to the bubble factory, I simply must be there! And, who knows, he might get a performance out of Abhi that is more of what I like from him (upbeat and cheerful a la Dostana) and less of the cool dude avatar I find so annoying.
* Two States hits a deadend what with SRK being so busy with Ra.1.
* Anil Kapoor is not going bald after all.
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl