Sorry - Blogger crashed while I was compiling this, so you have a curtailed gossip post today...
* Reading between the lines on stories about Don 2, it seems that Western audiences are Shahrukh's goal.
"It was one thing for Shah Rukh to portray the Indian don wanted in 11 countries. In 'Don 2', his character wants to rule Europe. Shah Rukh's clothes, cars, girls, gadgets, body language and perfume had to convey a global aura," said a source.
"Don 2" is said to be assembled on an international scale. And there would probably be a full-scale international version of the film for an NRI global market with the songs eliminated and the drama reduced.
Right. Because the "international version" thing worked so well for Kites. Look, Shahrukh, I like you - I do - but you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater here. Indian audiences HAVE to be your target and then you can think about global audiences. But I'm telling you right now that unless your film is as clever as something like Korean monster movie The Host, the people who watch foreign films in the US are not going to go for it. You would be much better off making an English-language version of Don in Hollywood than in aiming a Hindi-language Don 2 at global audiences.
* Karan Johar is signing new composers for his hooker-tastic Agneepath. On the one hand, I must applaud his recent dedication for signing new talent but on the other, I am beginning to suspect that he is doing it because he's cheap.
* "Kajra Mohabbat Walla" will be remade for Tanu Weds Manu. I think I can speak for everyone when I say that Kangana in male drag is something I am looking forward to.
* IIFA is making the wrong kind of headlines. Amitabh is out; hotel bills are left unpaid in Sri Lanka;
* Ajay Devgn finally roped into Koffee With Karan.
* From TV to Film... C.I.D.
* Has Asin finally ditched her father?
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl