Good morning, everybody!
What's happening?! Well, let me tell you!
* ATTENTION PEOPLE IN HONOLULU - do not miss a chance to see Endhiran on the big screen. You will regret it if you pass it up.
Here's a list of the other films. I also recommend checking out Guzaarish if you want a nice weepie and Billu for a heartwarming film.
We've all seen this "first look" poster already, right? Karan Johar's Student of the Year? Let me tell you, I may make fun of Karan Johar for producing pretentious films about "serious" subjects but if he's making a fluffy high school/college film, I'll be the first in line to see it.
* Some "industry insider" who is probably the same person who wrote the article says Farah Khan is considering quitting directing.
I know she isn't reading this but I hope she doesn't. I honestly have no idea where the vehement reaction against Tees Maar Khan came from. Maybe some people didn't think it was funny but worst movie of the decade? Didn't people see Jail?
* Meanwhile, My Name Is Khan is still being talked about like it was a the most amazing film of all time. Apparently, it is eligible to be nominated for an Oscar (TM).
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE MEDIA? ARE THEY ALL UP SRK'S BUTT OR SOMETHING?
* Well, Farah Khan isn't going to let it get her down - she's joining forces with Team Aamir and choreographing a song for upcoming Delhi Belly, the film we all thought had been shelved but is just being retooled.
Maybe the media feels free to jump all over Akshay Kumar but if Farah teams up with Aamir, it should keep her free from a lot of knee-jerk bashing.
* Beth should contact this guy for a Masala Zindabad podcast. He describes going to see a Bollywood movie in Malaysia.
The rest in the packed hall were true blue Bol lywood fans from all walks of life (and I suspected from all over the globe too as the conversations and murmur that I caught were in various lan guages and accents).
As the story unfolded (and as I was reading the subtitles furiously so that I would not miss anything) I would look around and observe oth ers to check on their reactions to the film.
In front of me were several men who might have been foreigners. My guess was that they were from either Bangladesh or Pakistan. A few seats further in my row was a couple of lovers. The lady was Indonesian while her partner was from another country.
* Venkatesh is playing a paraplegic in an upcoming film.
* Kangana Ranaut has been asked to gain weight back for the Tanu Weds Manu promotions.
Also, Kangs is quitting fashion. Unlike James Franco, she can only do one profession at once.
NO ONE KILLED JESSICA premiere pictures!
Rani and Vidya!
My three favorite ladies: Rani, Rekha, and Vidya!
Now where is my film where Rekha plays an evil female don and Rani is her secretary and Vidya is a police woman?
And the two white people in Bollywood who can act - Kalki Koechlin and Alexx O'Nell (who needs to send back his interview questions to me ASAP!)
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl