Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Gossip!

Happy weekend, everyone!

Let's see what the gossip is!

* Is this Bollywood's first GAY SEX SCANDAL? Yuvraj Parashar from
Dunno Y is hurling allegations at Onir - saying that the My Brother Nikhil has molested him.

Onir denies the allegations.

"“He is only taking advantage of my sexual identity to gain publicity. Besides this will cut me from forging friendships, which is not fair to me. This will actually have a drastic affect on my labour of 15 years. I am a gay man but I have always been honest about it and spoken on the issue and have been making films on the same. Being gay is a part of me and not a defining factor.’’

* Has Mallika Sherawat been fired from
Chak Dhoom Dhoom or not? She is still promoting the show.

"My life's struggle has been the same since I had no film background and Bollywood's system is very dynastic - people just want to promote their own people. So it was very important for me that people from small towns get a platform to showcase their talent. I felt an emotional connect with the show."

* Mallika has been cast opposite
Nana Patekar in Case No. 9.

* Will I see a film about
six girls robbing a bank? Yes, absolutely.

* Priyanka Chopra has been confirmed opposite Shahid Kapoor in
Kunal Kohli's next.

* And Farhan Akhtar has been cast in Shabana Azmi's brother's
directorial debut.

* Read an interview with
Vidya Balan!

What is cinema all about for you?

Cinema is all about stirring emotions. For me, that happened in
No One Killed Jessica. It was also about an emotional journey of Sabrina, who was the face of the case, besides the media. When you talk about Jessica Lal, you talk about Sabrina because it was her bravery that got her sister justice.


* Apparently, being the editor for
Agent Vinod is the worst job in the world - unless you really like being micromanaged.



And another song promo from
7 Khoon Maaf. I just can't take Priyanka Chopra seriously! A big part of it is all that make up slathered on in every role... How are we supposed to watch her sink in to a role if she has this mask of glamourous make-up on? It's fine for something like Pyaar Impossible but this is supposed to be a serious film.

Nobody ever mentions it - is it just me who finds her excessive make-up distracting?

6 comments:

Amaluu said...

I agree about PC's makeup. And hair. And overall styling. She always looks so processed. For the first few years after she debuted, I called her "out-of-focus" ... I just couldn't focus on her face because it was so hazy and plastered over.

And speaking of that girl heist movie - did you ever see the girl-centric Tamil movie Snehithiye? It starred Jyothika and Rani's sister Shrabani Mukherjee as two friends caught up in a murder-mystery, with Tabu playing the policewoman on the case. Very interesting flick!

Filmi Girl said...

@amaluu That film sounds good! I'll check it out!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds PC's make-up distracting. I seriously wonder why nobody has ever talked to her about it.

Lime(tte) said...

All the magazines always write things like "and here's Priyanka, the beauty" and all that stuff... But she's mostly all make-up, though I do find her hair even worse. It's never ever natural... Kareena for example shows her true face and hair sometimes...
But Preity is also quite fake nowadays...

Kavita said...

PC is a very dark skinned girl and as we all know, Indians are obsessed with fair skin...thats why all the makeup to make her look somewhat 'fair'. Didn't u ever notice the same layer of plaster on Kajol as well ?

Filmi Girl said...

@kavita That's definitely part of it but it goes beyond just a thick layer of foundation - her face is just always way too stylized and appears painted on. For some roles, that look suits just fine - most of Fashion, for example - but it's distracting when she is playing an ordinary girl.

Bombay Talkies said...

PC's makeup has never really bothered me (yes, she wears too much of it) because she pretty much plays the same person in every role, so it tends not to matter to me that she's indistinguishable from one role to the next. Bluffmaster? Fashiony fashion girl. Dostana? Fashiony fashion girl. Fasion? Fashiony fashion girl. She's always the same, so why not look the same all the time?

Her hair though...I think having her spend a week on a deserted island without access to hair spray or mouse would be incredibly entertaining.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl