Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Gossip!

Good morning! First order of business, I am in the running to be on the jury for the Tweeple Film Awards - so, if you think I would offer a good opinion and you have a twitter account, please go to here and vote for me!

You can also find more about the Awards
here. It's an ambitious undertaking, so I wish them all the best!

Second order of business is
Blogue: The Magazine which Louella from Masala w bigosie worked very hard on. It's an e-magazine, so go ahead and download it and then read it on your e-reader and let her know what you think!

Now... GOSSIP!

* The great divas of yesteryear Shashikala and Saira Banu were honored at the
9th Pune International Film Festival. And let me tell you that Shashikala's performance in Phool aur Pathar is one of my most favorite things EVER.



* Forget about blockbusters, who made the biggest
return on investment in 2010? The answers might surprise you.

One of the most successful sequels made in the history of Bollywood, Golmaal 3 was made on a big budget of 11.4 million dollars and it earned 20.9 million dollars, giving a return of investment of 83% to its makers. With a superstar cast that included Ajay Devgn, Kareena Kapoor, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor and Shreyas Taplade, the movie was always expected to do well and it lived up to its reputation.

* The more I read the Bollywood press, the more I realize that there are a lot of people out there who are
clueless. This article poses a question:

Aamir’s last film 3 Idiots was a mega hit and shattered all previous box office records to become the biggest revenue earner in the history of Bollywood cinema. But the question that hangs on everybody’s lips is will Dhobi Ghat be as big 3 Idiots?

Actually, NOBODY is asking that because we all know
Dhobi Ghat is aimed at a niche audience. Stop stirring up dumb controversy, media!

*
This is silly, too, but in a fun way. I love purple prose and opening an article about South stars posing with vintage cars with a John Steinbeck quote certainly counts.

American novelist John Steinbeck quoted, “In the souls of the people, the grapes of wrath are filing and growing heavy and heavy for vintage.” That’s exactly where ace advertising photographer G Venket Ram has taken the essence from for his latest calendar!

* Ajay Devgn is going to open a
ticketing site that sounds like a good idea in theory - like Ticketmaster - but the outline sounds like of all over the place. Good luck, Ajay!

* Tennis player Leander Paes is going to appear in
4 Bollywood films. Is a Bollywood Space Jam in the works?

* Sunny Deol's son Rocky is set to
enter Bollywood! According to the article, he has been taking acting lessons... let's see if the Dharmendra charm is in a third generation!

* Anurag Kashyap's
The Gangs of Wasseypur will have a surprise guest... director Tigmanshu Dhulia!

"I don't know why Anurag thought of me for the main villain's role. Maybe I look evil. I am a trained actor from the National School of Drama. But I hadn't done any acting for twenty years. I thought I was bad actor, until last year when I acted in a diploma film for Subhash Ghai's Whistling Woods acting school. It was then that I thought arrey yaar main acting kar sakta hoon."

* A case has been filed against
Tulip Joshi for allegedly pulling a Sanjay Dutt and walking away with money before a film was completed shooting.

* Gulshan Grover gets into
hot water over some loose comments about an upcoming film.

* Rani Mukerji and I are on
the same page.

"The success of No One Killed Jessica is my answer to critics who thought my career was over. Not only my professional life but my personal life is witnessing a high too. To be honest, I look better than my twenties now. I'm being honest about this. Growing in age has never bothered me. I have just entered my thirties and I think I'm set for the best years of my life."

RANI! Our 30s are going to be amazing!

* Madhuri Dixit is
still trying to find the right comeback vehicle. She hasn't said yes to Freaky Friday yet - and I would advise her to watch Aisha before committing.

* Here is a match made in heaven: A.R. Murugadoss and
Shahid Kapoor! EEEEEE! You know he'll give our boy Shahid something to work with.

* Although, only if Shahid
shows up for rehearsal... at least, Shahid missing rehearsal for the Star Screen Awards is the explanation given for SRK's showboating.

I do love a showboat, though. I think that's my favorite role for SRK!

* Salman Khan gives
the best interviews.

Shah Rukh Khan said on Karan Johar's show that he is responsible for the problems between both of you. So can we see a patch up between both of you happening this year?

He passes my house around four times a day to get anywhere and to return from wherever he goes. If he wanted a patch up why would he say it on a TV show? Vivek Oberoi also apologised. I forgave him because you know whether someone is serious or not in wanting to apologise and whether he seriously felt bad for his actions. I felt this (Shah Rukh's) apology came only to increase TRPs of the show.

So will you only forgive him if Shah Rukh comes to you and apologises?

I would rather stay away from such people.

1 comment:

Louella said...

Love ya for mentioning BLOGUE ^^

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl