Is it really Monday already? Where does the weekend go so quickly? At least I have my London trip to look forward to - and if you would like to meet up with some Bollywood fans to talk Bollywood and drink tea in Southall on Saturday February 12th, do get in touch!
Now, time for gossip!
First look at Mallika Sherawat's item song from Thank You - possibly the ONLY thing that could get me into the theater for a Sonam Kapoor starrer.
* Read a nice piece on Brand Aamir Khan and Dhobi Ghat.
Frankly, Dhobi Ghat has been one of the very few films featuring Aamir Khan in last five years at the least which has actually got mixed reviews coming its way. Not all critics were too pleased, the film by itself wasn't really hailed by many, there weren't glowing comments amongst the connoisseurs of art cinema either while 'aam junta' - which is truly concerned around the big bucks that it has to spend on watching a film in theatres - was least concerned around preserving Aamir's brand value once the word of mouth spread after the first weekend.
Well, I haven't seen the film so I can't weigh in on his performance but I thought it was an interesting piece. Either way, Brand Aamir has been invited to the Berlin Film Festival as a jury member. I can't think of a better choice from Bollywood!
* A new book on Deewar is kind of awful - according to this review, anyways.
I still want to get my hands on Anuvab Pal's Disco Dancer book! I should just break down and order it from India - it can't be that expensive and, oh, will the content be worth the effort!
* You know, I think I was on to something when I said that a heroine's career ends at 30 but sex bombs can keep ticking for many more years. Masala films may feature the virginal young heroine but unlike those silly romantic comedies being churned out, there is room for a mature lady. Case in point, Pooja Bedi is playing a sultry Egyptian princess in Junior NTR-Ileana D'Cruz starrer Shakti.
* Of course, some actresses think that they are too good to star in South Indian films, even if the last film that they made in Bollywood was Shortkut: The Con is On... in 2009. (*cough cough* Amrita Rao - like you are too good to star opposite Siddharth!)
* Deepika is out and Asin is in for Housefull 2 - and honestly, I think bubbly Asin is a better fit for the broad humor required in Housefull. I like that Dippy decided on Heer aur Ranjha instead - which was promptly shelved. Talk about somebody else who can't afford to be picky after her last three bombs. Housefull was the only hit she had in 2010.
* Mahi Gill has a few interesting projects lined up.
She will soon be seen in films like Utt Patang with Vinay Pathak, Paan Singh Tomar with Irrfaan Khan, Sahib, Biwi or Gangster with Jimmy Shergill. In Utt Patang, Mahi dons a glamorous avatar, playing the character of a con woman.
* Katrina and Priyanka have yet to escape the tax man. Allegedly it's 11 crores found between the two of them.
* Catch up with Karan Johar!
Are you going to continue doing the chat show?
Not when I am directing. But Koffee With Karan will always be a part of my life. It's a part of me I love and I enjoy. I am probably known more for my chat show than my films. On some level that's flattering. But on another level it's shocking.
I think that's ridiculous
You've no idea. Kids call me 'Koffee Uncle'. Have I started looking like a beverage?
* Hrithik ducked out of the Filmfares early when he found out he wasn't winning anything. I know I've said this before but even having only met Hrithik once, I can tell that he takes his profession very seriously. And if Hrithik was upset that his performance in Guzaarish was going to be overlooked, I don't think there is anything wrong with going home early - at least he turned up.
* Delays for Billa 2?! NAHIIIIIIIN! I'm looking forward to this way more than Don 2.
And a new song promo for Patiala House featuring RISHI KAPOOR!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl