Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Gossip!

Good morning, everybody!!

First order of business - I posted the list of
Star Screen Awards winners (with my annotations)!

And congratulations to ARSHAD WARSI for a much-deserved win. It always makes me happy to see talent rewarded... now if we could just get some awards for Lillete Dubey, both winners of my Criminally Underappreciated Awards will be appreciated!

GOSSIP

* No one killed Jessica but
everybody is loving No One Killed Jessica - including Sabrina Lal and every critic ever.

* What is with Bollywood's obsession with
prostitutes? Aamir "The Perfectionist" Khan wants the prostitute scenes shot in a real red-light area for the upcoming Reema Kagti film.

* Read a nice piece on
new kinds of female characters coming soon in 2011.

Meanwhile, the Indian male has moved on. “Being grey does not require an explanation if the protagonist is a man. In Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Lucky is thief because he considers it fun. A nonchalant Chulbul Pandey does not have to explain his greed for money and success,” points out Gupta. “Why should it be any different for a woman?”

*
Raginni MMS is going to be shot in both Telugu and Hindi. I'm actually looking forward to this one - if Ekta is producing, I want to see it!

* Does Katrina Kaif find Priyanka Chopra as
overrated as I do?

History has it that Priyanka was upset when Katrina stepped into her shoes for Tarun Mansukhani's Dostana 2.

And then Katrina walked out of Anurag Basu's Barfi (earlier titled Silence) when Priyanka signed up for the second lead's role. Katrina told a friend then, "Basu had told me that they would take a newcomer in the second role. But when he did not live up to his word, I didn't feel the need to continue."


* Filmi classics are
getting re-released!

* Out of all the "worst of" lists I've seen pop up,
this one is probably closest to my take. While I don't think Hisss and Kites were bad films, I do think that neither were meant for a mainstream Indian audience despite the marketing, and for that, they can deserve their place on the list.

* Is the media on crack that it thinks
My Name Is Khan is really going to be nominated for an Oscar(TM)? They have all gone insane!

* Ranveer Singh is
in hiding from the press. Somebody get that boy a secretary!

3 comments:

Sami Saayer said...

jessica was very good indeed

Fatema said...

First time and I like it here! Gonna read more of you, keep writing! I like your sassy tone :))

Bluemay said...

I'm so happy NOKJ is getting such positive feedback. It's rare for a commercial BW film to feature two strong female leads. Perfectionist Aamir does need to drum up press since he stars in 1 film per year. Has to keep his name out there so he says crazy stuff. I doubt anyone is willing to spend the kind of money needed to provide security for him and the crew if they actually filmed in the real red-light district.

I know you love Kat but if that media blurb is true, it makes Kat look like she's intimidated sharing a movie with PC because PC is a better actress than Kat. (i.e. Fashion, Anjanna). Of course, PC is no KoKo or Tabu.

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl