Good morning, everybody!!
First order of business - I posted the list of Star Screen Awards winners (with my annotations)!
And congratulations to ARSHAD WARSI for a much-deserved win. It always makes me happy to see talent rewarded... now if we could just get some awards for Lillete Dubey, both winners of my Criminally Underappreciated Awards will be appreciated!
* No one killed Jessica but everybody is loving No One Killed Jessica - including Sabrina Lal and every critic ever.
* What is with Bollywood's obsession with prostitutes? Aamir "The Perfectionist" Khan wants the prostitute scenes shot in a real red-light area for the upcoming Reema Kagti film.
* Read a nice piece on new kinds of female characters coming soon in 2011.
Meanwhile, the Indian male has moved on. “Being grey does not require an explanation if the protagonist is a man. In Oye Lucky! Lucky Oye!, Lucky is thief because he considers it fun. A nonchalant Chulbul Pandey does not have to explain his greed for money and success,” points out Gupta. “Why should it be any different for a woman?”
* Raginni MMS is going to be shot in both Telugu and Hindi. I'm actually looking forward to this one - if Ekta is producing, I want to see it!
* Does Katrina Kaif find Priyanka Chopra as overrated as I do?
History has it that Priyanka was upset when Katrina stepped into her shoes for Tarun Mansukhani's Dostana 2.
And then Katrina walked out of Anurag Basu's Barfi (earlier titled Silence) when Priyanka signed up for the second lead's role. Katrina told a friend then, "Basu had told me that they would take a newcomer in the second role. But when he did not live up to his word, I didn't feel the need to continue."
* Filmi classics are getting re-released!
* Out of all the "worst of" lists I've seen pop up, this one is probably closest to my take. While I don't think Hisss and Kites were bad films, I do think that neither were meant for a mainstream Indian audience despite the marketing, and for that, they can deserve their place on the list.
* Is the media on crack that it thinks My Name Is Khan is really going to be nominated for an Oscar(TM)? They have all gone insane!
* Ranveer Singh is in hiding from the press. Somebody get that boy a secretary!
Note from Filmi Girl:
I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.
If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.
xoxo Filmi Girl