Thursday, January 13, 2011

Filmfare Awards Game!

Hello, dear readers! Welcome to Filmi Girl’s Filmfare Awards Game!

Here is how you can play - the goal is to try to guess which of the nominees is going to win each award.

(These will not be the same as who you think
should win; I can a make a separate post for that discussion.)

Select your choices for each category and then you can either e-mail them to me at filmi.girl (at) gmail (dot) com or you can leave them in a comment, which will screened until the awards have been announced.

The person who gets the most correct will get a special prize!

Here are the nominees!

BEST FILM

Band Baaja Baaraat
Dabangg
My Name Is Khan
Peepli Live
Udaan

BEST DIRECTOR

Abhinav Kashyap for
Dabangg
Karan Johar for
My Name Is Khan
Manish Sharma for
Band Baaja Baaraat
Sanjay Leela Bhansali for
Guzaarish
Vikramaditya Motwane for
Udaan

BEST ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE

Ajay Devgn for
Once Upon A Time In Mumbai
Hrithik Roshan for
Guzaarish
Salman Khan for
Dabangg
Shah Rukh Khan for
My Name Is Khan
Ranbir Kapoor for
Raajneeti

BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE

Aishwariya Rai Bachchan for
Guzaarish
Anushka Sharma for
Band Baaja Baaraat
Kajol for
My Name Is Khan
Kareena Kapoor for
Golmaal 3
Vidya Balan for
Ishqiya

[
And let me just editorialize about how much it says about the pathetic state of quality roles for women that Bebo was nominated for Golmaal 3.]

BEST ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

Arjun Rampal for
Raajneeti
Arshad Warsi for
Golmaal 3
Emraan Hashmi for
Once Upon A Time In Mumbai
Manoj Bajpai for
Raajneeti
Nana Patekar for
Raajneeti
Ronit Roy for
Udaan

BEST ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE

Amrita Puri for
Aisha
Kareena Kapoor for
We Are Family
Prachi Desai for
Once Upon A Time In Mumbai
Ratna Patak Shah for
Golmaal 3
Supriya Pathak Kapoor for
Khichdi, The Movie

BEST MUSIC

Pritam Chakraborty for
Once Upon A Time In Mumbai
Sajid-Wajid & Lalit Pandit for
Dabangg
Shankar Ehsaan Loy for
My Name Is Khan
Vishal-Shekhar for
Anjaana Anjaani
Vishal-Shekhar for
I Hate Luv Storys
Vishal Bhardwaj for
Ishqiya

BEST LYRICS

Faiz Anwar for “Tere Mast Mast” from
Dabangg
Gulzar for “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji” from
Ishqiya
Niranjan Iyenger for “Sajda” from
My Name Is Khan
Niranjan Iyenger for “Noor e Khuda” from
My Name Is Khan
Vishal Dadlani for “Bin Tere” from
I Hate Luv Storys

BEST PLAYBACK SINGER, MALE

Adnan Sami and Shankar Mahadevan for “Noor e Khuda” from
My Name Is Khan
Mohit Chauhan for “Pee Loon” from
Once Upon A Time In Mumbai
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for “Sajda” from
My Name Is Khan
Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji” from
Ishqiya
Shafqat Amanat Ali for “Bin Tere” from
I Hate Luv Storys

BEST PLAYBACK SINGER, FEMALE

Mamta Sharma for “Munni Badnaam Hui” from
Dabangg
Shreya Ghoshal for “Bahara” from
I Hate Luv Storys
Shreya Ghoshal for “Noor e Khuda” from
My Name Is Khan
Sunidhi Chauhan for “Sheila Ki Jawani” from
Tees Maar Khan
Sunidhi Chauhan for “Udi” from
Guzaarish

So pick your winners and either leave them in a comment or send them to me in an e-mail!

7 comments:

Sami Saayer said...

are these actual filmfare nominations? no arshad or naseer for ishqiya? no milan luthria for director?

Filmi Girl said...

These are the actual nominations and, yes, I agree that they are terrible.

SIGH.

Still, it will be fun to guess which gets awarded!

Shell said...

yay! I can't wait to play. Now are we going with who we think should win or who we know filmfare will award?!

Filmi Girl said...

@shell Who the award will go to - not who we want. :)

Precious P said...

Yayy! super idea! Let the games begin! *muahahah* I'm going to just send you an email!

Vikash said...

Filmfare is equivalent to People's Choice Awards in US. There is not an ounce of talent that goes into this... Lemme give an example - if Jurassic Park and Schindler's List was made in Bollywood - more awards would go to Park than to List! List would probably not even be nominated... That is an non-disputable FACT.

I mean common - Dabanng!!! DABANGG!!!??? Nominated for Best pic? That movie should not even be 100 yards near any award show! I physically asphyxiated myself watchin that "movie"!!! Dabanng nominated would be like Transformers nominated @ the Oscars... yea - you see the implications now...

My noms are: Peepli Live, Udaan, Once Upon a Time.., Ishqiya and a tie between Striker and Guzarish.

Sami Saayer said...

un f***ing believable. how can SRK and Karan both win? and even Kajol? thats outright buying of the award

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl