Saturday, January 29, 2011

Filmfare Awards 2011!

I culled these results from the Times of India coverage, so if I got anything wrong please do comment and I'll correct it ASAP.

I'll also keep an eye out for more pictures as they trickle out.


And I'd also like to announce that the winner of my little nomination guessing contest is... Monica! She guessed 8 correct, including best director, which the category that nobody else got correct, for reasons that you will see.

Congratulations to Monica! (I'll be sending you an e-mail.)

THE FILMS

Best Film: Dabangg

Best Director: Karan Johar for My Name is Khan [ARE YOU KIDDING ME?]
Best Debut Director: Manish Sharma for Band Baajaa Baaraat

Best Dialogue : Habib Faisal for Band Baajaa Baaraat
Best Screenplay: Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane for Udaan
Best Story: Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane for Udaan

THE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES

Best Actor: Shah Rukh Khan for My Name is Khan
Best Actress: Kajol for My Name is Khan [Let me just say that almost EVERY person guessed Vidya Balan for this one.]

Best Supporting Actor: Ronit Roy for Udaan
Best Supporting Actress: Kareena Kapoor for We Are Family

Best Debut, Male: Ranveer Singh for Band Baajaa Baaraat
Best Debut, Female: Sonakshi Sinha for Dabangg

MUSIC AND SONGS

Best Music Director: Sajid-Wajid for Dabangg
Best Song Composer : Lalit Pandit for “Munni Badnam Hui” from Dabangg

Best Lyrics: Gulzar for “Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji” from Ishqiya
RD Burman Talent Award: Sneha Khanwalkar for Love Sex aur Dhokha

Best Playback Singer, Male: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for “Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji” from Ishqiya
Best Playback Singer, Female: Mamta Sharma for “Munni Badnaam Hui” from Dabangg and Sunidhi Chauhan for “Sheila Ki Jawani” from Tees Maar Khan

Best Background Score: Amit Trivedi for Udaan

Best Choreography: Farah Khan for “Sheila Ki Jawani” from Tees Maar Khan

THE CRITICS AWARDS

Best Film: Vikramaditya Motwane and Sanjay Singh for Udaan

Best Actor: Rishi Kapoor for Do Dooni Chaar
Best Actress: Vidya Balan for Ishqiya [And here is her award!]

6 comments:

Anup Pandey said...

Best Dialogue: Habib Faisal for band Baaja Baraat and not for Do Dooni Chaar!

Anup Pandey said...

It's not Best Debut Music Director for Sneha Khanwalkar. It's R D Burman Talent award. Both holds different meaning.

Filmi Girl said...

Thanks, Anup! I fixed both.

Shell said...

As much as I can say I am happy MNIK and Shah won (because I actually really liked this movie and it touched me as a mother), I am disappointed that movies and people that really deserved to win didnt. Politics, I fear, will always play a hand at these awards shows. It makes me wonder what will happen at IIFA!

Sami Saayer said...

fine SRK go it. still no issues but KARAN? KAREENA? KAJOL? is it the K show or something? anyone with K gets it.
i got the music awards right including the RD burman award but acting and film awards. horrible. vidya was an outright winner. arshad wasnt even nominated. ronit did very well in udaan though.
overall, disappointing to say the least.

Anup Pandey said...

Hey, Best dialogue is for Do Dooni Chaar. Sorry. But not my fault. Twitter page of Filmfare said it's BBB. Just saw the telecast of the awards and get it it's DDC. Anyways, who cares now!

Note from Filmi Girl:

I love Bollywood - and all the ridiculous things that happen in Bollywood - but it doesn't mean that I can't occasionally make fun of various celebrities and films.

If you don't like my sense of humor, please just move on by - Trolls are not appreciated and nasty comments will be deleted.

xoxo Filmi Girl