(Photo from here)
I was out at the Rally to Restore Sanity yesterday and it was an amazing experience.
I have never been in a crowd that was just so genuinely pleased to be there. Everybody was so friendly... and only a few tempers frayed.
Anyways, let's see what I missed while I was out enjoying the day!
* Aishwarya Rai is still shining bright at 37! Her birthday is tomorrow.
* Read a rundown of celebrity feuds:
Farah Khan v/s Deepika Padukone
They kept denying a rift but the air was thick with reports of a cold war between the hit-producing director and her protégé. They claimed to be in touch with each other but were reported to turn away their faces whenever they happened to meet. In time, little Miss Deepika has realised it doesn't make any business sense to ignore Farah whose films make waves even before release. When she was not even considered for Farah's Tees Maar Khan, Deepika decided it was best to kiss-and-make-up sooner than later. We hear that Farah's husband Shirish Kunder is planning to cast her in his next film Joker starring Akshay Kumar. So surprising, isn't it?
* Kareena Kapoor is as charmingly unmodest as always in an interview with Rajeev Masand.
"Everyone knows that I am a good actor. I have proved it time and again. I can always come back to those kinds of roles," Kareena replied without a trace of humility.
* MEOW! Sonam Kapoor nominates Shobha De for the 'wicked witch' of Bollywood. Apparently, Sonam hasn't been reading my blog.
* Karan Johar wants to invite Ram Gopal Varma to Koffee with Karan!
* Asin has declined a role opposite Salman Khan.
* Rakhi Sawant's latest reality television show is in trouble!
"The show is highly objectionable and an unpardonable mockery of law and justice, judges, litigants and their relatives, police machinery, woman welfare associations and courts of law," observed Kunjuraman, who is also a human rights activist. The PIL that is likely to come up for hearing within a couple of weeks, states that the show "should be banned immediately."
* Vivek Oberoi's wedding was a family affaif.
Although many from Bollywood were invited for the wedding that saw 1500 guests, few turned up. “From the film industry, only actors Sushmita Sen, Sangeeta Bijlani, Chiranjeevi and film-maker Mani Ratnam were present,” said a guest, not wishing to be named.
* Emraan Hashmi has mouth ulcers - from kissing too many co-stars?
* Akshay Kumar has roped in Ludacris for Breakaway.
* Narmmada is still trying to stay in the game.
The young actor has learnt the ropes of acting from the London Film Institute and talking about her debut she says, “It’s weird that it [the film] got delayed, but sometimes I feel that a little delay is better than doing something wrong. I am working on a movie which will go on the floors in January. It is a romantic comedy.”
* John Abraham is done with off-beat roles for a while.
The Happy Couple!!!
AREN'T THEY SO CUTE!!!!!!