* Did Amitabh Bachchan delay Chittagong to boost up KHJJS? That is what Anurag Kashyap is saying.
“See Chittagong, a far superior film made on the same subject as Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey... At 1/8th the cost, far superior actors and immense passion... Producers decided to sit on it, because of a phone call from someone, because that someone was trying desperately to save his son’s career... welcome to Bollywood, where whose son you are outshines all the hard work and passion and potential and talent. KHJJS came and went, now what?”
See, I always knew Anurag Kashyap and I would be great friends! We both think Kalki Koechlin is great and don't think much of Abhishek's acting career!
Read an new interview with Anurag Kashyap!
Recently, Sanjay Leela Bhansali stated that he does not make films for money. Your take...?
If he does not make films for money then why does he charge `35 crore? I envy the fact that he does not make films for money and still gets paid. I am paid nothing, I have to forfeit my fees to make my kind of films.
(And PS I heard Chittagong is really good and they managed to get good English speaking actors for the British roles.)
* I am so happy to see Rani Mukerji back in the news! I miss her husky voice in my films - and she misses working with Shahrukh Khan.
* Priyanka Chopra and Kareena Kapoor took pot shots at each other on Koffee With Karan.
* Karan Johar was offered the role of a sex maniac in Saat Khoon Maaf.
“From what angle do I look like a wife-beater? And how could I enact a scene making love to Priyanka Chopra! And that too as a sex maniac! There is no way I could do this.”
* Bobby Deol thinks that he is too masculine to play a gay role. Okay, now, this pisses me off. It's fine if Bobby doesn't want to play a gay role but because he is too masculine? Does he think all gay men are like Jack from Will and Grace? (Or like Karan Johar?) Yeesh.
* Who will play Cherry's coach in his new film?! Nana Patekar seems to be the popular guess. (Cute Kajal Agarwal is the heroine!)
* The first promo of Game is releasing with No Problem. Game stars Abhishek Bachchan and a bunch of B and C-listers. I honestly don't remember hearing much about this one.
* Soha Ali Khan is playing a deaf radio DJ in an upcoming film. I don't even know, guys.
* Why is Sushmita Sen staying away from the No Problem promotions?
"And why not? Anil is the film's producer. He's also a renowned limelight-hogger. He loves to make his presence felt. Sushmita has no problem with that. But she wants to know, who's the lead pair of No Problem? Sush and Anil, or Akshaye Khanna and Anil?
"Anil adores Akshaye who was his leading man in his first production Gandhi - My Father. Anil loves to shower Akshaye wuth compliments. But you can't do that at the cost of the rest of the cast. Sushmita certainly doesn't appreciate being sidetrack in this way," said a source.
* Check out a profile of choreographer Shiamak Davar.
Davar claims to have had sightings of UFOs since the age of 15. Describing the UFO he first saw to The Hindu, he says, "It was round, had colors I had never seen before, stayed in the skies (over Worli, Mumbai) for a while and then sped out of sight."
He was silent on the UFO-front when we met him, although his staff did share that Davar keeps a close watch on the latest in the UFO world, tracking news reports about extra-terrestrial visitors.
* Mahesh Babu may have walked out of 3 Idiots but Vijay is still in - at least for the moment.
* Read a cute article from a California paper about Siddharth's film 180, which is shooting in Sacramento! And they didn't even call it Bollywood! Good job, guys!
And Happy Birthday to DHARMENDRA!