Don't worry, I will be reporting back as soon as I can. Asim from Upodcast wants me to take a picture of the expression on my face when I walk out of the theater so you can all appreciate my extreme glee...
But that's still a couple hours away, so LET'S HIT THE GOSSIP!
First of all, you know my NO LINK-UPs policy, which is why I'm ignoring the Ranveer-Anushka rumors. Anyone who has seen their interviews can be pretty sure that they, at the very least, don't really like each other.
Also, do you know what I freaking can't wait for?
OH YES! 明日のジョ! Starring my second favorite Japanese actor 山下智久! My all time favorite is 浅野忠信 who was supposed to do a South Indian film with Asin that got scrapped. Maybe one day we'll see that Japanese-Indian crossover film
See, this is the kind of thing that never makes it to the USA because people who see "international" films don't like to have fun. It's the same reason why Bollywood films don't get screened in "international" cinemas and why I can't find any Russian comedy films or Egyptian masala films on Netflix.
* Will we see a strike on January 6th?
Earlier this month, the Parliamentary Standing Committee, headed by Oscar Fernandes, presented its Copyright Amendment Report. Buzz is that the Bill will be passed early next year. But producers are very upset with this new Copyright Act, because it will give composers and lyricists a share over income earned on their work. Producers are loath to any such provisions. Producers have called for a strike on 6 January 2011. "No film unit will shoot anything, come what may," says a source.
I sided with the producers in the multiplex strike but this time I'm on Team Writer. Composers and lyricists should be earning royalties. End of story.
* Aw... bless! Bobby Deol thinks people are really waiting for Yamla Pagla Deewana! People whose names aren't Deol.
"Action films are associated with the Deol name but this time the audience will see what great amount of action has been done in a comedy film. We have made this film after three years. Earlier, we appeared in Apne, to which many people told my father that they got very emotional watching his film. So, my father told them, the next time 'I will come onscreen with my children, I will make a comedy', and therefore we have now got for you Yamla Pagla Deewana. The reactions are so positive, and everyone who has seen the trailers have come and said that they are eagerly awaiting the film," he added.
Bobby Deol is so adorablly clueless. Is anybody here actively waiting for this...?
What about for Isi Life Mein?
Although to be fair, nobody was waiting for Band Baaja Baaraat either and that ended up being one of the best of the year, so what do I know.
* Anil Kapoor may go bald for Power - it would be a shame to lose that nice hair, though.
* Madhuri Dixit has been flooded with offers since she returned. Keep your fingers crossed that she accepts one of them...
* The amazing choreographer but not-so-amazing director Ganesh Acharya has a new film coming out. He is dressing like Santa Claus to promote it.
Here's the trailer for Angel - a melodrama about a girl with MS (or something?) and some guy brought to you by the director of Money Hai To Honey Hai.
(I'm actually kind of curious because I bet the picturizations are great... maybe I'll catch it on DVD.)
* Katrina Kaif gives her acting wish list, which includes Aamir Khan, a period film, and a Hollywood action-thriller.
Kat also explains that it's a full time job to look like she does in Tees Maar Khan. Us normal folk don't have two hours to spend in the gym every day. Nor do we have personal trainers and nutritionists to keep us on diets.
* Rahul Gandhi allegedly had a dalliance with Bollywood boondoggle Mugdha Godse.
* Is Bebo going to do a complete political drama? Farhan Akhtar has approached her for a role in a film he is producing.
* Here is a film I can avoid for certain - Kunal Kohli's next with Priyanka and Shahid. I have three no-gos when watching films: Abhishek Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra, and "modern" romantic-comedies. This would hit two of the three.
* Sushmita Sen is a Lady Gaga fan, which cements my desire to be Sushmita's BFF. (Call me, girl!)
“I like Lady Gaga because she is a unique individual. It doesn’t matter whether you like her or not, but carving a unique identity for yourself is something that is difficult and worth fighting for."
* Amitabh explains how Smita Patel had a premonition about his Coolie accident.
"I was shooting for Coolie in Bangalore in 1982. One night at about 1am I got a call from Smita. She said, 'I'm sorry to disturb you Amit-ji, but are you okay?'. I said yes I'm fine. Then she said, 'I had a really bad dream and I just wanted to find out if you were okay'. Next morning, I had that accident on the sets of Coolie. It was just unbelievable."
* Arya. Prithviraj. Mumbai Police.
My question: why aren't I watching this right now?