True facts, my friends.
Anyways, it's actually kind of sweet that so many people are on Team Scorned Woman. The world would be a lot less romantic if everybody was as cynical as me about relationships... and celebrities. And celebrity relationships.
So... to leave this mess behind us, dear readers, let's just say that no matter what your personal take on Deepika and Ranbir's relationship, it was (at the very least) unwise of her to talk about it publicly, especially in ultra-clannish Bollywood.
* We all say a sad good-bye to Manish Acharya who died in a road accident. (Read an old but good interview with him here.)
* OKAY - can we talk about the image of Shahrukh Khan kissing English actor John Barrowman that has been recently unearthed by someone? For the last week, there have been these ridiculous articles saying things like this:
But before we talk more about it, let us first of all clear a few misconceptions associated with this photo - the other guy in this photo is not some gay partner of SRK, also this photo wasn't clicked without the knowledge of Shahrukh, and this photo in NOT MORPHED.
OH DEAR LORD! This is from a SRK chat show appearance ages ago. More interesting to me is why it has been making the rounds again. Is somebody on a gay vendetta against SRK?!
* Irrfan Khan is going to be a villain in SPIDERMAN!
* Who will be Chiranjeevi's new heroine?
* Hum Dono is going to be released in color.
* Aseem Chhabra tackles the meaning of KHJJS and hopes that the upcoming Chittagong is better.
In Europe, filmmakers continue to focus on the Nazis and the righteous war fought by the Allies during World War II. In recent years we have seen some brilliant World War II films, including Downfall, Sophie Scholl: The Final Days and The Counterfeiters. The story may have been told many times, yet in these films, the characters and the settings remain authentic and compelling.
You know, that is an apt comparison to WWII movies. I give Holocaust movies the same pass I gave KHJJS - they may be terrible films but if people find them meaningful, who am I as Anglo McWhiterton to jump in and say otherwise?
(And The Hindustan Times reports that KHJJS is getting rave reviews... from Taran Adarsh. Suspiciously, this review wasn't mentioned.)
* Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Hrithik Roshan are mad at Salman Khan for saying that not even a mosquito went to see Guzaarish.
* Rani Mukerji talks No One Killed Jessica.
* Rajkumar Hirani is starting a commercial company! Just like Tinu Anand in Ghajni!
* Preity Zinta is upset that reports have surfaced that she does cocaine. Um..., then maybe she shouldn't be doing cocaine? These reports have been around for years. It's not a recent thing.